Cutting out my fender arches...Round 1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bert View Post
    Notice these guys did not blindly saw off the roof and pillars. Doors now appear to be part of the fixed structure and roll cage takes on role of roof and pillars. Even has a cross brace of sorts.
    Nice that you guys found/posted these pictures and description. Love to hear how the car holds up.
    Also notice that that is the same car I posted...:p And it was done years ago by a member of this board.
    '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Well I got back at this...

Not as pretty as I hoped with the lack of material to reshape/cut. I mainly wanted to take out the flatness that the stock fenderwells have. In the side shot you can see how much more circular the fenderwells are now.

I started by marking the tire circumfrence on the fender well, then drew another line about 2in up from that line. I then cut out along the bottom line, then used the top line as a reference point for flaring. After flaring where I wanted, I clamped the inner fender liner to the reshapen outer skin and riveted them back together. This is a temporary stage, since my car is also my DD, I have to have it fully drivable everyday. I painted over the revits so the would be so obvious(no pics).

I'm not done yet....

Close up :dontknow: lol

'93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Lookin good hommie
        Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
        Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
        AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTIVA View Post
          Also notice that that is the same car I posted...:p And it was done years ago by a member of this board.
          quaddawg. I remember when he rolled it, and was talking about how he was gonna just scrap that festy....

And then he came back, like, a day later, and said he was just upset, and he was just gonna make it better! That thing ran down a Porsche more than once, IIRC.

Those flares look like you are heading in the right direction to me!
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
          X