Rear Seat Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Seat Option

I was looking online for designs for a new rear seat. I've heard from online statements that we should keep the rear seat in the car for stability reasons.

But sometimes the look of the rear seat is a bit sad. It's fine, but wouldn't you like to make the rear seat look much better?

So I was looking for replacement seats, and that would be too difficult. So why not the cheapo cover?

This is a nice color for our cars and I thought that it was a good for what it was. But I think the price of the seat cover is a bit high.

Can someone tell me if the dimensions of this cover will fit the rear seat like a glove?

If so, I don't mind spending the money for a more nicer look.

Let me know, thanks![/url]

That's a lot of $ for a seat cover. I think you could find a ship who would recover the seat in whatever fabric you wanted for around that price.

Simon
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

it sure is purty though............

Comment

I was planning to have my back seat redone to look like the CORBEAU race seats I want to buy for my car.
        -Bizarre-
        keeper of The Brave Little Toaster and Bizarre

Comment

how hard would it be to recover the festy's rear seat in a white vinal fabric?
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I'm not sure but I don't think it would be very hard at all, I would very carefully remove the old seat material and trace it out on your new material and have someone sew it all together. I'm going to have mine done professionally.
            -Bizarre-

Comment

yeah I would go the professional route except for the fact that I am in college and money is tight... I might be able to have a friend sew something up...
              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

I could just get my mamma to do mine :lol: ops:
                '93 L Green

"Yes sweety, it is a (removed by request)box.. but it's my (removed by request)box, and I love it."

Comment

or even better, I could do my own if I had a sewing machine that worked... ours bought the farm before we even got it... what a deal huh?

Facebook Me!

Comment

? :?
                    -Bizarre-

Comment

Did it myself. Might still be pics on CarDomain.91 Festiva Pepe the Pod. Trace your patterns a little large (1/4 to 1/2 over) and do not use too cheap a material. A combination of the two resulted in a split seam on the drivers exposed side. If you can get the side piping, get it. I went with a flat stitch and it was a lot more time consuming than expected. Looks nice with just a single stitch showing but it was balls getting it. Did both side panels, drivers side needs a redo, wrong combination of materials. Roof liner next. I want to cover the steering wheel center(no air bag) but can't figure out how to remove the plastic center pc.

Comment

Working...
                      X