Any suggestions for a seat swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions for a seat swap?

I'm looking at changing out the front seats. What cars would have seats that will fit relatively easily? Also any suggestions for moving the seat further back?

Use the site search for terms like "seat swap" and you should come up with a few posts here and there that mention that swapping seat backs is fairly easy, and then swapping foam and cover from other seats to the pan is also fairly easy, allowing you to use the stock sliders/rails and lower pan, but having basically a different seat.

Comment

I have not found a direct swap (namely seats that bolt directly to the floor) but numerous Mazda, and Ford Aspire, covers and foam are directly compatible with Festy seat frames. It is not a huge undertaking to switch them over and there are previous posts on this site to guide you through this.
      Conceivably you can extend the seat rails but more likely is easier to adapt a whole other system (ie welding) and make entirely new attachments. In that case go for whatever seats catch your eye.

Comment

Am doing a Probe swap in mine. Have not started yet.

I know you guys don't like them but I think they will look pretty good.
        Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

seat swaps

u ve gotten real good advice.ill tell you what i did: i put a piece of my yoga foam mat,on my festy seat [with glue,of course] then got some nice SADDLEMAN front seat covers. thats the easiest,most effective way, to make any seat more comfortable,especially a festy. ive replaced to many seats,to many times,the hard way. [WATER FOLLOWS THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTENCE]

Comment

Working...
          X