323 seats in a 91 festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 323 seats in a 91 festiva

anyone put seats out of 323 in a 91 festiva? The donor car is a 88 323 SE. The ones in it are friggen disgusting! will they actually bolt right on the festy mounts or do you have to fab?

i tried to put the 323 seats in my festiva and they will no fit. You need to do some fabrication work. You'll notice first that, the festiva seat thingies in front are bent downward.

Well, when you put the seat in, you'll find a huge gap between this, and it won't fit. Also the rear holes will not stretch far enough. Guiding it from the left hole first, the right hole will miss about inch.

Solution: I used a rear steal beam for the seat to rest one, and bolted it directly into the holes. The entire beam going across will support without bending, plus it'll take the stress off your bolts. Because you might find rust once you remove the original bolts.

Too much stress + rust = something breaks....

Then the front, you'll need to do a weird custom bend. Don't ask me how I did it, but I bended, and bended.... pieces of metal from home depot. Then I bonded them together with a mild weld and then attached. You will not find steal to bend to that special angle, you'll have to custom that using a high grade metal.

You can either do all of that, or drill brand new holes and find a universal mount somewhere. But they probably might not work either. Poor festiva was never meant to have racing seats installed... but my car has one. And it's much more fun when you don't have to push yourself off your doors just to stay in your seat during a high speed turn.

Oh, the reason I needed it, is that I'm learning how to drift in a festiva using the freeway on and off ramps. Festiva sucks at doing it.... so I won't take it to any mountain anytime soon.

Right now I'm using stock suspension and 12" wheels... this can explain why my attempts aren't great. But once everything wears down, it'll give me a reason to upgrade the suspension and get around to that brake swap for larger wheels.

I must be patient though.... stupid BPT on this site distracted me. So shiny...........

Comment

Working...
    X