Painting the Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
    Well i gotta hand it to you. If you're willing to make an attempt of painting a car at 15 then I say "good job".

A lot of people at 15, or 25, don't have the ambition to get up from the game console, let alone do something like work.

By the way, did you get all the paint off your leg(s) LOL.
    slowly but not really....
    Thanks
    "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

• Huh. Looks better than anything I can do. Good job!
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
        Huh. Looks better than anything I can do. Good job!
        No trust me it isnt that good.
        I am redoing it next summer.
        "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

• You have obviously never seen things I have painted

Comment

• Ehhhhhh.... sure.

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

• Trust me, I am HORRIBLE at painting!

So you have a few runs! You plan on redoing it next year, you have learned a lot, and earned some respect! Good for you! I bet you have even had fun doing it!

Comment

• I enjoyed some of it...
                I did learn alot.

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

• The most important part. Also, I am given to understand runs can be repaired

Comment

• Ehhhhhh ....

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

• Originally posted by KJ4YXY View Post
                      Alright first of all, he is not a jerk... just mean sometimes. The Festiva is at his farm... and was there since like the first year he bought it.
                      I am broke...but he is paying for everythign that I am doing... that is not "extra"
                      yes I am in high school... sorry for not being a Festiva nerd.
                      So I was correct in my assessment! There's nothing wrong with learning as you go. None of these other guys popped out of the Baby Cave knowing everything possible about Festivas.
                      1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                      1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                      2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

• Last night, I was checking out your post over at bristol owner's forums.

I also watched the videos.

Felt like I was watching myself at your age.

You have enthusiasm, as others mentioned. Take things slow. I'm sure many members here can share horror stories of how they 'learned to work on cars'.

Do yourself a favor and tarp that sports car really nice and push it back where it was. When you're older and feel comfortable, knowledgeable and can fund a true "frame off resto" you'll wish you had left it be.

All that said, you did well on the paint job. You repaired the dings and the paint coverage will only preserve it. I'm sure you have thought it over and the next time you paint (burnt orange w/ white racing stripe rally bristol?), you'll do very well.

Don't ever let someone belittle your accomplishments. Just forgive them for having a small mind. You're learning and that's not something anyone can ever take away.

Your stepdad is helping a little, I hope?

Comment

• Originally posted by purg3d View Post
                          Last night, I was checking out your post over at bristol owner's forums.

I also watched the videos.

Felt like I was watching myself at your age.

You have enthusiasm, as others mentioned. Take things slow. I'm sure many members here can share horror stories of how they 'learned to work on cars'.

Do yourself a favor and tarp that sports car really nice and push it back where it was. When you're older and feel comfortable, knowledgeable and can fund a true "frame off resto" you'll wish you had left it be.

All that said, you did well on the paint job. You repaired the dings and the paint coverage will only preserve it. I'm sure you have thought it over and the next time you paint (burnt orange w/ white racing stripe rally bristol?), you'll do very well.

Don't ever let someone belittle your accomplishments. Just forgive them for having a small mind. You're learning and that's not something anyone can ever take away.

Your stepdad is helping a little, I hope?
                          He helped me with my ding, and hes paying for all.

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

• I would sand out those runs in a couple weeks with 220 grit then 400 and hit it again. This time put thinner coats and let dry until tacky. Then hit with another coat. This is if you're using Rustoleum. How did you fix that mangled doorjam?
                            Last edited by georgeb; 09-26-2012, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KJ4YXY View Post
                              He helped me with my ding, and hes paying for all.
                              Then he rawks, at least a little, right?

Dude, you are doing GREAT! I think every one here is rooting for you! Keep on keeping on, man!

Comment

Working...
                              X