Corbeau 3-point Harness (Stock Seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbeau 3-point Harness (Stock Seat)

So I've had a corbeau harness laying around for quite some time now, and decided to put it to use since I'm afraid that the stock belt wouldn't be enough to keep me from flying through the windscreen if that situation ever took place. I currently don't have the funds for a racing seat set, so I decided to make use of the stock seat for this application.
    I first bolted the lap straps to their respective sides
    Then I cut a tiny hole big enough for the 3rd point buckle to slip through then padded it with duct tape and left over seat cushioning as not to fray the restraining weave
    I also used the rear buckle point for the back seat as the 3rd bolting point as to not have to install a harness bar, and so that I'd be using factory mounting points for safety restraints.
    The following comment will have links to pics installed.
    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Where did you get that, and how much was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Flw Sock View Post
      Where did you get that, and how much was it?
      I actually got it brand new never opened at a yardsale locally. The guy said it came from jcwhitney.com. it was $89-99 I believe from them. I paid $50 from him.

Jcwhitney no longer carries it, but here's a link to the exact belt from a site called quadratec
      Corbeau 2 Inch Harness belts are available in both 3 point and 4 point styles along with either a bolt-in or snap-in mounting option. Each harness belt is manufactured with pressure reducing waist pads to provide extra comfort.

Hope it helps.
      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

You may want to make a harness bar to support the shoulder straps. They should be supported slightly above the height of your shoulder so that in a head on collision your spine wont be compressed by the belts (that can be fatal). They look nice in there!
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          You may want to make a harness bar to support the shoulder straps. They should be supported slightly above the height of your shoulder so that in a head on collision your spine wont be compressed by the belts (that can be fatal). They look nice in there!
          If I'm not mistaken, that back passenger bolt is about 5 inches up from where my shoulders sit. I had originally planned on bolting to the back seat bolt directly behind the seats, but that , in a head on collision, would have created the spine crushing event you speak of. The only play I have up or down is nill. The belt is set up so that it only allows me to move slightly forward in the event that I were to be hit head on. Wouldn't the bar, in effect, be the same play front to back that I have with the set up currently?

Comment

It's only a 3 point strap, so I have only one point in rear to be attached to the vehicle itself. If I had a 4 point setup, I would've gone for a harness bar behind the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
              If I'm not mistaken, that back passenger bolt is about 5 inches up from where my shoulders sit. I had originally planned on bolting to the back seat bolt directly behind the seats, but that , in a head on collision, would have created the spine crushing event you speak of. The only play I have up or down is nill. The belt is set up so that it only allows me to move slightly forward in the event that I were to be hit head on. Wouldn't the bar, in effect, be the same play front to back that I have with the set up currently?
              Having trouble visualizing what you mean here. The bar doesn't take up play, it just keeps the harnesses in position and supports them. If you are using the previous shoulder harness bolt point the level will be fine, but it seems like it would be an uneven restraint. I'd have to see it to know for sure what you mean. Probably much safer than your aged stock belt though.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
              X