Low buck gauge panel w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low buck gauge panel w/pics

I needed some place to mount my oil pressure gauge, but I wanted it to look factory. I decided to see what I could do with my Dremel and an old dash bezel. The hole in the top of the cubby is for access to hook up the gauges. I still need to buy a volt gauge. It looks factory and the black panel matches the other black bezels on the dash.

Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Hmm...I guess I can't link Photobucket pics with my iPhone. I can't figure out how to copy the image code.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon

Comment

Photobucket has been goofy lately, probably nothing you did. I quoted your post and it looks like its not the right url for pics.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

you need to use the post tag which loos like [img] photobucket link [/img] or post a link to your photo bucket, make sure its visible to others
        Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 11-18-2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I can't figure out how to get the [img] code to come up on the pictures with my iPhone. Is there some kind of trick?
          Brian

Comment

Your doing the image tags right, its the links, I believe its the "direct link for layouts" and they have a quick link you can click and it autosaves to your clipboard so you just paste.

Go up and hit reply with quote on your first post and it will show you the image tags you used. The links don't look right to me, might be your using the wrong ones, or Photobucket is screwing with it.
            Last edited by zoom zoom; 11-18-2012, 10:45 PM.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

OK.........I think I got the pic thing figured out. So here's the pics....

[IMG
              ]http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/blkfordsedan/photo-22.jpg[/IMG]

Brian

Comment

Re: Low buck gauge panel w/pics

Nice! Maybe add a 3-port 12v plug to the bottom.
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Dang! I wish I would have thought if that before I cut the holes! I could have moved the gauges up and farther (further?) apart, then added a 12V charger plug in the panel. I wonder if you can buy 12V USB charger plugs? My iPhone uses a USB port....that would be sweeeet. I figure I may eventually add a switch or two for a cooling fan over-ride and another set of driving lights.
                  Brian

Comment

thats pretty slick! with a little shifting you could probably fit three across too if you wanted.
                    Originally posted by scirocco*joe
                    Project Car Theorem:
                    If
                    a) w = all time
                    b) x = time spent at work
                    c) y = the number of project cars you have
                    d) z = amount of time you can spend each project car

Then

z = (w - x) / y

Comment

Re: Low buck gauge panel w/pics

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                      Dang! I wish I would have thought if that before I cut the holes! I could have moved the gauges up and farther (further?) apart, then added a 12V charger plug in the panel. I wonder if you can buy 12V USB charger plugs? My iPhone uses a USB port....that would be sweeeet.
                      Yeah! http://www.electronix.com/12v-power-...t-p-20575.html

In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

You can buy female USB ports online, they're no more than like $1.99 each. Most USB stuff only runs at 5VDC though. (So don't wire it directly).

For USB and a 12V socket, you can put both of them under the gauges facing down to the floor of the console... looks like you've got enough space to still be able to plug in a 12V stick adapter straight up from underneath. That'll hide them.

Also a good place to hide an ignition kill switch (passive anti-theft) and save a few bucks on your insurance.

Comment

Working...
                        X