No announcement yet.

washer nozzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally found a picture of the the big ugly Smart nozzle that washes like Niagara Falls. Do you think it is too big for the Festiva hood?
    It kind of reminds me of this.

I'll grab a Festiva nozzle and take a picture of both of them together for a size comparison tomorrow.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-05-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
      Mine could use a bit more umph! I don't like to use my washer fluid unless I'm at a complete stop. The wind at speeds doesn't allow it to get very high up on my windshield.
      It's been said that the spray in German cars is jet-like and designed for use at high speeds vs. fan-like (as in American cars) which is better used with the car stopped.

The Kia K2700 pickup truck has a triple-jet washer nozzle. But, I can't see it in pictures and I do not see that model on Four Green. It's sold in the Phillipimes and South Africa.

Since the 1.25 Ton truck nozzle is $1.43, I will take a chance on the 1 Ton truck nozzle price. Let's see if I get an answer.
      Ali,
      I require a NOZZLE ASSY-FRT W/SHLD WASHER for a Kia K2700 truck. Why isn't it listed in your model drop down listing?
      Last edited by bravekozak; 06-06-2013, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
        Mine could use a bit more umph! I don't like to use my washer fluid unless I'm at a complete stop. The wind at speeds doesn't allow it to get very high up on my windshield.
        A little FYI for ya Rafe. The nozzles are adjustable!

The nozzle is actually a "ball" inside a housing. You can take a paper clip, stick it in the nozzle, and point it where you need it to land on your window.

Aint that great!
        Last edited by drddan; 06-06-2013, 03:59 AM.
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Here are three pics I took this morning of the Smart nozzle.
          top size comparison
          Native position
          lateral size comparison

It would look like a big ugly black wart sticking out of the Festiva hood.
          The only thing it has going for it is that it also mounts in a cross shape.
          Just look at the size of those water cannons compared to ours!
          I might have to buy shares in a windshield washer fluid company.

That is the biggest scam. All you need to go into business is a big tank, a water faucet, a little iso-propyl alcohol, a little Orvus liquid soap, and a few drops of dye (so people will think twice before drinkng it?) plus a filling line. Its so easy to make your own.

It's not quite as bad as Esso's airplane windshield washer fluid. That is made by taking 100% isopropyl alcohol, pouring it into another drum and selling it to all the airlines for double the price. Then laugh all the way to the bank. What do you think they are spraying on the ailerons in the winter when they are de-icing the planes?
          Last edited by bravekozak; 06-06-2013, 08:16 AM.

Comment

There are many nozzles that are compatible with Festy. I think I'm running one off a Ford pickup at the moment. The hardest part about touring JYs is removing them without breaking the tabs. The Smart nozzle has an elbow which would be very difficult to adapt. Generally you feed the supply hose up through the hood and connect to the loose nozzle and then pop the whole thing in place.

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
              A little FYI for ya Rafe. The nozzles are adjustable!

The nozzle is actually a "ball" inside a housing. You can take a paper clip, stick it in the nozzle, and point it where you need it to land on your window.

Aint that great!
              That could come in handy!!
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts
              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Bert, I always carry a pair of shears in my toolbox. I just poke a hole with my chisel and just cut in a circle. I couldn't care less how nice the hood was. You may be right about that angle thing. I would have to take a look.

Comment

I finally found what I was looking for on the bay!

Triple cannon + low profile.

'Fire in the hole!'

2008-2012 Smart Car part # 4518690147C22A

I will post before and after picks of the install.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 06-22-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    Bert, I always carry a pair of shears in my toolbox. I just poke a hole with my chisel and just cut in a circle. I couldn't care less how nice the hood was. You may be right about that angle thing. I would have to take a look.
                    You'd be one of these classic usable-part-depreciation guys that I come in behind of while looking for a pristine hood! Only to discover a "beaver" had been there ahead of me and rudely taken away only the nozzle. A piece of hollow pipe (3/8"OD) works like a charm to push the nozzle ears in while you're trying to get these things out. And leaves a usable hood for the next poor sod.
                    Last edited by Bert; 06-23-2013, 07:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I've heard that the price for a single de-icing of your 747 is about $10,000.
                      88L black, dailydriver
                      88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                      4 88/89 disassembled
                      91L green
                      91GL aqua pwrsteer
                      92GL red a/c reardmg
                      3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                      1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

I just won this chrome one too.
                        I will have to sell one of them.
                        But, which one?
                        I'll decide once I perform the Niagara Falls test.

Comment

O.K. here is the size comparison of all three nozzles.
                          Festiva, Smart and old Lincoln
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 07-31-2013, 09:44 AM.

Comment

A triple cannon shooting from the hatch at cars behind you needs the troll face sticker to accompany. you mad bro?
                            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Brave.....any fourgreen order coming soon.....I needa those stabilizer to frame bushings we talked about and would like the rear axle bushing too......my nozzle Is sweet...very happy with its output.
                              92 GL, 98k
                              77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                                O.K. here is the size comparison of all three nozzles.
                                Festiva, Smart and old Lincoln
                                I like the Smart Car one.

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                                A triple cannon shooting from the hatch at cars behind you needs the troll face sticker to accompany. you mad bro?
                                Have it shoot used motor oil.
                                Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                                '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                                '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                                X