No announcement yet.

washer nozzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No that is what rear turbos are for just kidding!
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      Bert, I always carry a pair of shears in my toolbox. I just poke a hole with my chisel and just cut in a circle. I couldn't care less how nice the hood was.
      Did the Smart nozzle require any mods to install? Is it a tight/OE fit?
      Last edited by purg3d; 08-03-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Mods are required. It's .397" at the base (presumably for a big squirt).
        The barb size is identical. I will need to cut a .062" rubber gasket. I will practice on a piece of sheet metal. I will start with 10mm and 13/32" holes. I will then determine if I need to file a couple of small flats top and bottom after deburring. I will try the hole later this week.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 08-03-2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know what the thickness of the sheet metal is for the bonnet?
          Just grab a pair of shears and a vernier caliper or micrometer. Thanks.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 08-03-2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I'd like to know where you plan on aiming the third nozzle. I have on occasion re-aimed my OEM one (using a safety pin) to shoot over the roof. If you do a lot of highway driving this is handy and is a sure way to attract attention when standing still on a hot day.

Comment

The most expensive washer nozzle I have ever seen. If I purchased two of them, they would be worth more than what I originally paid for my Festiva!

I am going to order a large Smart nozzle to see if it could be adapted.
              I already have the rubber gasket material.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 09-02-2013, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Went to Mercedes Benz Downtown Toronto dealership. I should have taken some pics. What a view! All the Smart cars, antique Mercedes, Maybach and other Mercedes with sticker prices of $200K+. The parts department is on the fourth floor. I bought a 1995 Smart washer nozzle. The barcode part number is 110121KQ4. I will have to do spray tests before I decide on which one of these cannons I will install.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 09-10-2013, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I would like to know which one to get, and what is required to install one.

I am getting sick of these cheap Festy ones not working, and the cheap autoparts store ones are just as bad.
                  1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                  2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                  1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

What do you think? I haven't enlarged the hole to make it flush. Do you think it looks like a big wart?

Comment

Lookas alright, but friggin' huge! lol
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

If you turn that beast on to test and i see a WTB windshield thread I will know what happened.
                        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Ha, ha, ha! I put the low profile Smart nozzle on yesterday and adjusted the three nozzles to their limits. When it first squirted, it missed the windshield completely. It shot where cars would be on either side, as well as right over the top! I almost couldn't believe it. Nice.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 08-02-2014, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Ha, ha, ha! I put the low profile Smart nozzle on yesterday and adjusted the three nozzles to their limits. When it first squirted, it missed the windshield completely. It shot where cars would be on either side, as well as right over the top! I almost couldn't believe it. Nice.
                            Very cool! What's the part # and year range for the low-pro nozzle?
                            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Please see post #23 in this thread.

Comment

Please see post #23 in this thread.
                                OK, thanx. Got the info, but the linx no longer work BTW.
                                Last edited by TominMO; 08-02-2014, 02:30 PM.
                                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                                X