Antenna hole cover...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antenna hole cover...?

Does anyone one have the cover for the hole where the antenna mounts?
    I've seen one or two Festivas with no antenna and a factory cover.

I have a bee-sting antenna I want to put on (still haven't decided front or back yet) and remove the factory antenna. I will eventually fill the hole properly when I fix up all the other little dents and dings.

Thanks

Ian
    92 GL Sport
    Calgary
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Good luck on that one. from what I understand the cover you are talking about was only put on 700 cars. those were all government use cars here in the states. I've got one on my car and they guy that built the car said he paid $65 for that piece alone. Nathan

Comment

I bought my 1st festiva brand new without a radio and there was a delete plug over the antenna hole. I immediately installed a radio and antenna and sure I tossed the cover. Now you have to find a car that came without a radio and also that no one installed one in it. You may get lucky, my 1st car I ever owned was a 53 chevy and the radio delete plate was still in the glove box.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

GAAA!!!
        $65?? my festy had one of thoz, i went to the JY and got a stock antena tho... i *must* have that little pice around here somewhere... *must find little cover, must find little cover*...

i can't remember where i put it, but i'm sure i didn't throw it out... i'll try to find it l8r.
        Nate
        ----------
        Personal Gallery: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/alb...hp?user_id=122

Comment

700 my ass. the silver festiva I had had a skuba antena installed in the middle of the roof and had the lil plastic cover (didn't come with factory radio).

Any festiva which didn't get the radio has those things. the 88-90 models (super base models). I've seen PLENTY of them at the junkyard with those covers, not particularly rare to find.
          Wil
          02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
          00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
          05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
          93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
          96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
          93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

Gro, when you turn up a handfull of antenna and radio blanking plates, just let me know. I'm in the market for one too.
            Ex Nemo Non Feces

Comment

Why does everyone want this cover lol. I just put a cd player in mine so I'm gonna put the anteana there. The cover goes to the first person for 2 dollars for shipping lol!

Comment

I'll take it... sent you a PM

Thanks

Ian
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I thought every festy came with those. I've got one and I've seen atleast 4 I can remember in junkyards.
                  OX SMASH!!

Comment

For those of you that would like to know what a Festiva without any antenna cover plate or antenna looks like:

* Retired Festiva-er*
                    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

^ - That's how mine looks too...
                      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I had it first... na na na na na!
                        * Retired Festiva-er*
                        1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                        B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

I have a cover on mine

Mine is a '92 stiva and it came with the antenna cover. No radio ever installed. I think the no factory radio cars all had the antenna covers.

Comment

If you still need one I may still have mine

I shaved mine off, but I may have it still. I will look for it tomorrow. Follow up with me if I forget. I dont know why Ford put one there, its kinda stupid and ugly. I wont charge a thing if I got it still. If I dont have it I imagine I can find 1 at a yard. We have lots of Festys at yards here. Joe

Comment

I want one too!!

I am looking to buy an antenna delete. If anybody has one, email me Sandm849@aol.com and let me know what you want for one.

thanks
                              The new keeper of Uncle Fester!! 88 5-speed, efi, now with ac!
                              1988 LX ~sold~
                              1992 Blue GL auto, ac ~sold~
                              2008 Nissan altima 3.5sl loaded <lease returned>
                              1996 Nissan maxima <sold>
                              2002 ford f350 crew cab short bed diesel

Just remember, it could be worse, you could have a fork in your eye!!

Comment

Working...
                              X