No announcement yet.

Power Window Install on my 89 Automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the right hand power window work from the left hand switch without the right hand switch being plugged in? My guess is yes. If so, it may be a good idea to leave it off until you are able to get a long right hand armrest.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-01-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      Will the right hand power window work from the left hand switch without the right hand switch being plugged in? My guess is yes. If so, it may be a good idea to leave it off until you are able to get a long right hand armrest.
      Sorry no... only works if the right switch is plugged in. The only connection to the power window motor is the red and green wires on the switch.In the meantime, I will be careful with the wires to the switch...and the switch is completely surrounded on the bottom by foam padding. The hole where the wires come thru the door is surrounded with hotmelt glue so the wires will not be rubbing on metal. I uploaded more picture showing the right window today.
      Last edited by 1990new; 05-02-2014, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I am looking to replace the regulators because they are worn out as are the guides. Since I will be pulling out the old regulators I figure I'd like to go in with power windows. I've done 35 years as an ASE master tech, those winders don't cut it compared to a factory power regulator. I had put the customer supplied winders on a 2005 Mustang. The move slow and after a month the driver's side stopped winding. So I did the window my way, a factory fresh Ford regulator and motor. The window moved like lightening like my ford truck. The next month the car came back because they wanted the passenger window to match what I had done on the driver's side.

I'm looking for OEM parts to do the job as I only like to do it once

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
        Today I began the job of installing power windows on Trixie (my 89L automatic).

Tools needed, Open barrel crimp tool. wire cutter, wire stripper, wire connector terminal release tools, Phillips screw driver, 10mm socket.

Supplies you will need: Left and Right power window winders
        Last edited by LordOfTheCars; 05-15-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I gave Trixie to my oldest grandson last year. He lives about 1/2 mile from me so I still see her often. The power windows that I installed never did zip up and down like the ones on the newer vehicles do today. But they still work fine after six years. Except for the addition of the motor, the mechanism is pretty much the same as the manual one and just like on the manual one, you need to keep the window channels lubricated with silicone spray a couple of time a year to keep the windows going up and down smoothly.
          Sorry the pictures on photo bucket are not in any particular order but they should give you a general idea of how the windows were installed.
          Good luck finding power regulators and switches.. those items are pretty scarce.
          Last edited by 1990new; 05-16-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

The two Pride armrest switches are on eBay.
            I don't see any winders.

There are also power window switches for a Pride center cubby.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 05-18-2020, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I fully realize that this thread is 6 years old but i am thinking of doing this with my 90 festy so i can put speakers in the door without the hassle of fabbing new crank handles, my questions are as follows: which winders should i use, meaning from which vehicle? and did you use the stock regulator for the manual windows or does that have to be changed as well?

Comment

Originally posted by hawgheaven85 View Post
                I fully realize that this thread is 6 years old but i am thinking of doing this with my 90 festy so i can put speakers in the door without the hassle of fabbing new crank handles, my questions are as follows: which winders should i use, meaning from which vehicle? and did you use the stock regulator for the manual windows or does that have to be changed as well?
                You will need a left and right side power regulator to replace the manual regulators that are in the doors now.
                Fourgreen does not show them as not available, so I assume they still have some new ones:
                https://www.fourgreen.com/store/scri...roduct=5683366
                https://www.fourgreen.com/store/scri...roduct=5683365

And now they are less that what I paid for them back in 2014:
                1 KK13058560A REG.ASSY-POWER WINDOW,RH - $93.76 $93.76
                1 KK13059560A REG.POWER-WINDOW,LH - $93.76 $93.76
                As you see in the thread you will also need window control switches and wires run to power and control wires to the windows. I think you will find most of the information in the thread.
                Finding the larger armrests with switch holes is probably next to impossible now, so I would recommend that you put the control switches in the cubby (you will need only two if you do and the wiring will be easier.)
                Last edited by 1990new; 11-08-2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Good pictures in thread 16976.

Comment

awesome, i think i just missed that part in the thread. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hawgheaven85 View Post
                      awesome, i think i just missed that part in the thread. thanks!
                      You are one lucky guy hawgheaven85.. you just heard from the expert who guided me through my power window install and also taught me and many other on this forum a thing or two about Festivas and many other subjects as well.

Comment

i didnt know that, but i am definitely lucky to have found the online community. from everything i've read so far you guys are great

Comment

I tried to get the PW regulators from 4G last year and they were out. was still able to get a new set from Mazda out of Japan but 3x the cost. if you do have any luck with the regulators I might have the console insert with switches.

Comment

Working...
                          X