Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a saipa dealer in Mexico..

To find part numbers to order parts..

Top left, there should be three squares..

First, closest to the Right is username, seconds closest is password, third is login.

Username and password

sx9000

Now to find parts.

Now there is a parts catalogue in there to find all your parts needs..

Now there is case 1 (original pride interior) and case 2 (new pride interior)

Perhaps someone could organize other parts too..

Sent from my Y635-L02 using Tapatalk
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Capri cluster does fit into festiva dashboard. You will need to trim a bit from festiva dashboard and mount cluster from the rear.

Comment

Good work! That's incredible. I tried this and for some reason I gave up, but now I might give it another go.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

That looks great! How was the wiring?
          1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
          1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
          2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Im using the capri wiring harness, so plugs straight in lol. But all the indicator, headlight, wiper, ignition etc plugs on steering column plugged straight into the capri harness.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon View Post
              Im using the capri wiring harness, so plugs straight in lol. But all the indicator, headlight, wiper, ignition etc plugs on steering column plugged straight into the capri harness.
              Awesome, I'm in the (slow) process of taking apart my XR2 right now, maybe I will give that a try. The only thing is once you start trimming there is no going back...
              "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
              sigpic
              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
              "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
              "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
              "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon View Post
                Capri cluster does fit into festiva dashboard. You will need to trim a bit from festiva dashboard and mount cluster from the rear.

That looks great! So to pull the cluster you have to pull the entire dash? Or could it be done by just dropping the steering column?
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I havent put the dash back in the car yet. I'll have another look at it in the next day or two. Currently I have it screwed from behind. If I can sort a way to secure cluster in place from the front, then it might be possible if steering column surround is removed.

Comment

Ok, so I have chopped more out of the dash and trimmed the cluster. It now mounts from the front and should be able to remove cluster without removing dashboard. Hopefully the following will assist anyone that attempts this modification! My car is a right hand drive Mazda 121 - hopefully it will all work the same for those with left hand drive festivas, 121s etc.

First few pics show what to cut from dashboard. None of this will be seen, so it's not an issue if it's done a bit rough.
                    Lower section is cut approx 30mm past where the first lip is.

On the capri cluster, I have removed the lower clips that hold the clear perspex in place. Then used superglue to secure perspex in place.
                    I had previously removed mounting points on either side of cluster, though this may not be necessary now that I have cut more from the festiva dash.

To mount the cluster, I have used 0.5mm aluminium sheet. 300mm wide.

Top mount

Glue this piece to the top of cluster.

Lower mount

This pic shows how the lower mount clips onto the cluster

Front surround-
                    Take care when cutting this, the plastic is somewhat rigid/brittle. It will easily crack and/or shatter by way of blunt force. Place surround face down on a flat surface.
                    Top of surround, 50mm

Bottom of surround, Mine was already cut at 95mm from previous mod, as cluster was mounted at a different angle. I would suggest cutting it at 103mm.
                    I used a strip of black foam/rubber trim around sides and lower edge to neaten it up.

For the sides, you will need to scribe it to the curvature of the cluster. I suggest cutting a piece of cardboard first. When happy with curve, transfer it onto the surround. Mine was cut for previous mod, so don't worry if yours looks different. If in doubt, cut less off now, and trim it later on.

I have cut the lower sides of surround, and bent the sides out a bit using a heat gun (heat on back side). Then glued a piece of plastic in to bridge the gap. Fibreglassed over it, sanded then painted. Not 100% necessary to widen it, but if left standard width it does restrict view of guages on cluster.

Fitting to dash-
                    Slide cluster through face down.

Screw top centre mount to dash

Slide lower mount under cluster so it clips into place. Pull forward and fold flaps down to hold in place.

Remove screw from top centre, fit surround - top clips into place, then lower screws, top screws.

Done!

Comment

Nice work Red. I am now going to use the Capri cluster. It would not even bring $40 on eBay! I wished I had saved more of the Capri dash trim. I think it could be put to use here.
                      '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
                      '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
                      '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Working...
                      X