Fiesta Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiesta Seats

So i picked up a complete interior from a newer ford fiesta. I got the leather seats from a friend that has a 2014 Fiesta ST and was thinking of switching out his ST Seats for standard leather, but the console didn't work. I picked them up for $100.00.

After a test fit and measuring I made up some brackets.

I used 1 inch square tube welded up 3 high to get the 3 inches from the front left hand factory mount. I ended up making 6 of these brackets.

i tried to keep the most movement out of the seats and making it easier to mount. On the front corner closest to the door I used the factory mount location. I did have to cut out the door side seat mounts for clearance.

I also cut off a piece of the seat rail just to allow more movement on the seat.

Comment

The brackets mounted on the seat before installing.

I started with the drivers seat and copied it with the passenger seat. I mounted through the floor pan using large washers and bolts.

Comment

The drivers seat sits slightly to the left of the steering. the distance from the door panel to the start of the cushion on the drivers side is 2 1/2 inches and the passenger seat is 3 inches. Not sure how this happened as i moved the seats as tight as I could to the hump in the center.

The seats sit slightly higher then the stock Festiva ones with the drivers side a bit lower as you can adjust the height on the new Fiesta one. You can see a bit in this picture.

Comment

Man, that is sexy, and what a deal!!!
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

More pictures of the seats mounted.

I haven't got to drive the car with th enew seats yet as it is still parked for winter here but the do feel better and really clean up the interior.

Comment

It should be noted that the seats do allow for the driver to sit farther back but how I mounted them they can't go as far forward. I am 6 foot tall and now have plenty of room ( Also no back seat in my car ) My Mom who is alot shorter then me couldn't reach the pedals as easy with the seat forward. My mount method was to be the easiest and quickest way.

Comment

I used the stock seat holes for my seat swap.
                I wanted easy access to the back.

Are you seatbelts loose since the seat is so far back?

Now you need black carpet.
                See how one thing leads to another?
                Last edited by bravekozak; 01-23-2017, 11:40 PM.

Comment

One of the few seat swaps that make me jelly after I did mine, very nice!
                  Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                  Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                  Feel free to PM me anytime!
                  Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                  Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

That is so cool~ I was eyeballing a Fiesta in the local Junkyard Inventory the other day thinking about trying the seats out of it. Now I've got a reason to go pull parts!
                    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                    sigpic
                    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Man, what a bargain! Those look great, makes me want to scour the local JY and swap out the Capri seats in my car....

Comment

What happened to all the pics?

Comment

June 26th, 2017

Comment

Working...
                          X