key question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key question

Can any one else start there car and pull the key out of the ignition and drive around.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

never tried in my aspire lol
    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
    http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

HAHA,, Glad I'm not the only one. Sometimes my fall out on my leg on a rough curvy rd
      "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

Mine does, which is good cause I can unlock the hatch while the car is running
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

my festies don't, but both my taurus wagons did... and Muscle_car1 is right, its great to be able to unlock the hatch with the car running
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

1 yes 4, no..

Comment

mine yes and ive own 3 festivas and 1 key worked on 2 cars i think the keys might be universal (because the locks are so worn out)

Comment

Back when I owned two Festivas I had one key cut for both cars.
                Put it in one way for one, then turn key over for the other one.
                I put a notch in the key to differentiate the two.
                ~Jeff
                1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0zone
                  Back when I owned two Festivas I had one key cut for both cars.
                  Put it in one way for one, then turn key over for the other one.
                  I put a notch in the key to differentiate the two.
                  I Love that idea, even though my one key works for both cars!
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

My Festiva doesn't, but my Datsun does.

I was on a road trip one time and stopped for gas and pulled the key but left the engine running. 300 miles later I stopped for gas again and realized that I had driven through an entire tank of gas with my key ring stuck in the gas door lock. ops:

Comment

mine do

mine come right out, and i had a similar experience as "Jimmy" i started my car in the winter and brought my keys inside with me to let the car warm up, i then went out to the car and drove to work and got there just in time 3:59 (had to be there at 4:00) i go to turn the car off, and realize, the keys are on my table at home. i could have turned it off, but i wouldn't have been able to start it again, so i had to go all the way home and get the keys. it sucked. lol
                      blue flake 89L shaved hatch, Lowered, BP swap in progress, bobtail bumper, 5spd tranny, acura 5 spoke 15" wheels and fiberglass dash

Comment

One of my Festivas does, the other doesn't.

Comment

hey man mine does to.

Comment

Working...
                          X