Diplicolor high heat paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplicolor high heat paint

Has anyone used this stuff before? The can says for best results to bake it for a couple hrs in the oven, has anyone done this? Will it smell? AKA will my parents kill me if i use the kitchen oven lol :lol:
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Yeah it can give off some smell but if you going paint it on exhaust just be sure remove the rust much as possible and paint it and you can "bake it" by running from engine for short time and just read the label for how long. I use old electric oven in garage it works good and it not really catch fire but if gas much more risky if you going spray it in oven while it's on! :shock:

Comment

How bad dose it smell? lol Has anyone used this paint without baking it?
      Im doing my valve cover
      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
      RIP 90LX

Comment

BAKING PAINT

I did my valve cover on my BP with the same paint,, Painted it , let sit in the garage for about an hour while i preheated my mothers oven to 450,, Opened the windows and let it "bake" for about 25 minutes,, This was also in a convection oven and yes it did stink but not anymore than when you use oven cleaner in a non self cleaning oven.... Oh and the paint finished beautifully...
        1996 Aspire, 2DR 5SPD 185 60 14, Aluminum rims, Mild Stereo system, some neon tubes, 185 000 km not a speck of rust runs like a champ
        B8-ME Swap COMPLETED.

Comment

I used their high temp header paint, but used a slightly different technique.

I got the part cleaned up real good (degreased, sandblasted) and put it in the oven for 20 minutes. When I pulled it out of the oven, I ran it out to the garage real fast, hung it up on a hook that I'd set up beforehand, and shot the paint. It dried as it hit the surface! After that, the heat from being on the engine baked it on.

Comment

^^How did it hold up?
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Pretty good. It was still on after 4 years, then I sold the car.

Comment

Working...
              X