Biggest wheels on a stock '91?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest wheels on a stock '91?

So I got my 91 Festiva L, and I need to put some new rims/wheels on it, because the stock just don't show off the real beauty of the car.

So what's the biggest size rim/tire combination that you can put on that car without having to adjust suspension or anything like that?

Edit: I totally put this in the wrong forum. Thank you to whoever moved it.

depends on if you care about the tires hitting the fenders when you hit bumps

i had 15 inch rims on mine and thats about the max you can go, i think 16's are possible with out modifying anything but like the 15's the tires hit the fenders

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid
      depends on if you care about the tires hitting the fenders when you hit bumps

i had 15 inch rims on mine and thats about the max you can go, i think 16's are possible with out modifying anything but like the 15's the tires hit the fenders
      But you'd say 13"/14" would be fine?

Comment

i know a few people on here who have done the aspire swap and put 14 inch miata rims on and i haven't heard of them rubbing, so i would say 14's should go on with out problems

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I run 14" without any clearance issues and my car is lowered.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

I've got 15's with 195/45's AND I'm lowered... I don't rub on any of the fenders.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

If stock is 155/80-12 then a 195/45-15 will have almost the same exact outer diameter. It will just be wider. I am not exactly sure of the offset needed to possibly keep them from rubbing the fenders. I am pretty sure I have seen people say +38. I am just starting my project also. Everyone just wait for this one :wink:
              -Bryant

Comment

o got 14's....no prob...in fact, they look kinda small with those 195/45's i got on them..lol...15's look like they would fit well with the same size tire (195/45)

Comment

yeah i had 195/50R15's i'm not sure what the offset was cause i bought them used but they were also 7 inches wide

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid
                    yeah i had 195/50R15's i'm not sure what the offset was cause i bought them used but they were also 7 inches wide
                    And no rub in hard turns or rear tire rub at all? hows handling/traction

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                    92 GL - parts car
                    97 aspire - parts car
                    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

17's fit.

'92 Festiva: BP01

Comment

I'd do 17''s with stock aspire springs and shocks!!! Can you say DONK???

Comment

We had a member here that had 17's on his car (seanpaintsflames) and there is another one that has 16's (Catladykaren) posted in the FOTM section.
                          Brian
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                          :fish:

Comment

On my festi I use 15x6½ RTX Falcon 38 mm offset with Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 195/45R15. On the back I use coil spring spreader (to prevent rubbing and to make it harder) and 1/4" spacer. I also have KYB GR-2 front & rear strut and FMS coil spring drop 35 mm. I did not have any problems or rubbing.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

what brand were the 17s

Comment

Working...
                              X