15" Fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" Fitment

Searched for a while but couldnt really find an answer. Im planning on running 15s on my festiva and was wondering if a 15" 6.5 width with a 35mm offset would fit without having to roll the fenders or anything like that. I would be running 195/50 tires.

From what I have gathered on here as well is 195/45-15 with 38mm offset would work. BUT I am in the same boat. Wanting a straight-up answer that is.
    -Bryant

Comment

Running the 195/45 combo with 15x6.5's with 38+ offset without any problems... That doesn't answer the question at all...

With that sries tire, you may need to roll them anyways.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

nah... no need to roll fenders unless you're lowered. they'll fit just fine.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'm sure they would fit, but I'm getting the fms suspension front and rear so I think I'm just gonna go with 14s so I wont have so many headaches lol.

Comment

personal opinion: FMS springs are too soft for the amount of drop they provide, especially when running a larger wheel/tire combo.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy
              personal opinion: FMS springs are too soft for the amount of drop they provide, especially when running a larger wheel/tire combo.
              agreed, and the "bottom out too easily", but do you have any reasonably priced options to them or
              a mod that might provide a better drop to stiffness trade off?
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

i'm currently working on that. i did use helper springs and there's a thread here about it (somewhere) but they make the rear VERY stiff (good for hauling but not for passengers). when i have a solution, i'll post w/ picks. just need to find a j/y that won't charge an arm and a leg for the springs i want.

Comment

Resurrection.

What springs did you end up with?

I have a bunch of foreign cars at my PNP I frequent.
                  Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

I'm curious too.
                    1963 Ford F-100
                    1992 Ford Festiva
                    2006 Audi A4
                    2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Comment

Originally posted by baker View Post
                      Searched for a while but couldnt really find an answer. Im planning on running 15s on my festiva and was wondering if a 15" 6.5 width with a 35mm offset would fit without having to roll the fenders or anything like that. I would be running 195/50 tires.
                      Hi i,am useing bmw/mini 5.5x15 rims with 175x50x15 goodyear tyres and this combo fits perfect and is legal in Aus

Comment

175/50-15 is a hard size to find in the states
                        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I read in some blurb about electric cars that Pinto rear springs can be used in the back of a Festiva. I only saw this once, though, so "confirmation" has not been seen. Unless one lucks onto a Pinto, and the rear springs are still good, that's another problem.

Does anyone make aftermarket Pinto rear springs?

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Pinto springs in a Festiva will make for a STIFF ride. They would work well with the back stuffed full of batteries, but for a normal Festy. I'll bet you would hate it.

By the way, that would be Pinto FRONT springs. Pintos use leaf springs in the rear.
                            Last edited by JPT; 09-04-2008, 06:43 PM.
                            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

bringin' it back......

what was the final verdict,......
                              you want to blend in?, drive a honda
                              92l festy car, original owner.
                              2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
                              1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

Working...
                              X