Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aspire at trans brakes or m trans brakes..festiva swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aspire at trans brakes or m trans brakes..festiva swap...

yo peeps....

so iv been reading up on the aspire/festiva brake swap deal and iv been seeing that the aspire has 2 differant kind of front rotors.. ones for automatic aspires and ones for manuals..

so when doing the swap to my festiva which is an automatic... am i going to have to buy the rotors made for the automatic aspire?

am i going to have to find a automatic aspire donor car to put the brake system into a automatic festiva?

NO it doesn't matter if the brakes come from an auto or manual aspire, both will work on the festiva,

the aspire automatic rotors are thicker

whichever one you get (auto or manual) you gotta stick with that, ie. auto rotors need calipers for an auto

i have brakes from an auto aspire on my manual festiva

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

oh ok so as long as the calipers match the rotors then.... cool.. i guess ima aim for an automatic donor so i can use beefy rotors thanks

Comment

like i said though, if you start the swap using auto stuff, any parts you buy just remember to get all of them for auto and you'll be fine

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

yeah will do.... thanks

Comment

Try to find a auto to get the parts from. It makes it easy to remember what replacements to buy years from now.

Just remember to get the rear axle from a two door car. The e brake line will be the right length.

Comment

Working...
            X