13" tire size recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13" tire size recommendation

We have a set of 13" eagle rims on right now, but they have low profile tires. Whats the best size I can go with without rubbing?

If you go to cwstuning.com and look at cam's old B6T festiva....I beleve he was running a 195/50/15.......

I'm going to be running a 185/60/14.....front is no problem......and as far as the rear goes....I beleve the last owner shaved a little off the inner lip of the fender(not hard) and it will have no rubbing issues.....However I'm running a coilover setup so there is more room in the rear....I have no idea if it would work with a stock strut.

On an older car I had an aspire swap and a set of 13'' civic rims and tires(can't remember the tire size...nothing special) and I had no issues with rubbing........

I know a guy who is running a 195/45/14 and he says there is no rubbing and it handles great.....

Hope this helps!

P.S. do we actually have a girl on this fourm??????? .....not too many girls are into these cars.....except mammabear :wink:
    Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

I just re-read your post and I see you just want to know how large of a 13'' tire you can use.....I've still got a civic in storage and I can get you the tire size I was running.......

Adam

Comment

I am running a 175/70/13 on stock suspension , that is a little tall , but I only have a rub issue in the rear when there is 4 people in the car and I hit a big dip in the road at highway speed , but never caused a problem .
        It rides nice with the taller rubber
        ------------------------------------------------
        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

175/60/13 probably your best size because there are quite a few manufacturers that offer that size. I'm running a 175/50/13 sumitomo HTR200. For 47 dollars i can't complain.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Falken Ziex ZE 512 175/60 R13 = $45 here

Have those on one of our festiva's with fms springs & doesn't rub. Great tires.
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

thanks for the help.

yep i'm used to being one of very few girls on car forums.

we have 2 festivas in the family, one is a 88 blue and the other is 90 red, both mtx. we've owned the 88 since it was new. my plan is to fix up the 90 a bit exterior and interior wise.

i have 2 other cars and 2 motorcycles, then we have quite a few more cars and bikes

i have a 89 z24, 99 prelude, 04 gs500f, and 05 hd 883l

Comment

You ever consider an engine swap for one of you're festiva's??????

13 sec festiva is very rewarding.......even more so when a girl is driving.......man that would be awsome!!!!!

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1
                  Falken Ziex ZE 512 175/60 R13 = $45 here

Have those on one of our festiva's with fms springs & doesn't rub. Great tires.
                  Muscle Car1,
                  Agree great tire, I also have FMS lowering springs and no issues.
                  But unfortunately Falken has discontinued the tire.
                  Not out of stock, but discontinued!
                  Tires-easy just hasn't changed their web site, because I called them too.
                  I actually, called Falken to see if anyone of their distributors had any stock what so ever, but no go!
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I can second the 175/70/13's being a bit tall, but no rubbing issues unless lots of people in the car and you hit a big dip. I've driven a few times with 6 ppl in the car and no issues unless theres a bump, with stock suspension.

I got my tires (new from sears) for $30 a piece. when i want performance tires i'm going to either got some 185/60/13 or 195/45/14's, but the 175/70/13's make great "all season" tires.

just my .02! and welcome to the forum!
                    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

So let me get this straight, you own a Chebby, a HonDUH AND a FORD!?!?! How can 1 person have that many personalities?! :-P

Just kidding welcome to the site! I would say either the 175/50's offered on Tirerack (Sumitomo's) cheap and decent tires or 185/60's for a better ride and a little bit better speedo accuracy.. -Kyle
                      Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Silv3rBull3t
                        So let me get this straight, you own a Chebby, a HonDUH AND a FORD!?!?! How can 1 person have that many personalities?! :-P

Just kidding welcome to the site! I would say either the 175/50's offered on Tirerack (Sumitomo's) cheap and decent tires or 185/60's for a better ride and a little bit better speedo accuracy.. -Kyle
                        haha you should see our garage. we have 2 harleys, 1 suzuki, 2 kawasakis, 2 hondas, then i have a yamaha dirtbike, and my brother has a yamaha 4 wheeler.

we are not brand loyal :lol:

we have 175/50s on it now, so i prefer something a bit bigger this is mainly a winter ride so i don't plan on packing it full of people.

Comment

Working...
                        X