wheel change problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel change problem

is once the wheel called 14'', then it means i can fit 175 60 r14 or 185 60 r14?

The tire size is like this, the first number(175 or 185) represents the cross section width of the tire at its widest point(sidewall to sidewall) in millimeters.

The second # (60) represents the Aspect Ratio. This a big term meaning that this tire's sidewall height is 60% of the cross section width, or 60% of 175mm or 185.

The R means simply Radial tire construction.
    And finally the 14 represents the rim size.

So yes the 14" wheel will take both of those tires.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

that's great. coz i want to buy a set of second hand wheels. it is some 185 60 R14 fitted on it, i was just wondering can i fit 175 60 R14 onto it. i am also worry about if i buy some second hand wheels, will they shaking a lot under high speed. if they were not well balenced, will i be able to balance it easily in tyre shop?

Thx a lot

Ted

Comment

you can take them to a shop and they will balence and you should also align your car why your at it . . . make sure they true your rear axle to the frame then true the front wheels to the rear . . . if you get in your car after wards and put the steering wheel perfectly straight and the car does not track the same then they didnt do it right.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

These's more than likely won't fit unless the offset is way out there. They will fit in the front but rub bad in the back. I've had a set of SE rx7 wheels and a set of 323GTX wheels, both 14's and they wouldn't fit with that tire. I just ordered a set of toyo 195/45/14. They are supposed to fit but still not sure.
          Ford Festiva by day.... Boosted 1st Gen by night

Comment

Working...
          X