KIA Rio = ATX Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KIA Rio = ATX Aspire

Just for those who don't know, I thought I'd make a thread. I work at a parts store and I was bored so I cross referenced a few parts. The calipers, discs, and wheel bearings are the same between the 95 ATX Aspire and the 01 KIA Rio.
    '92 Festiva: BP01

I believe Safety guy (Karl) found this out once. It is good to know though!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

i pulled the steering knuckle off a rio this weekend. compared it to an aspire knuckle and other than a minor casting lump difference, appears to be identical. once i clean them up i'll post side by side pics. early rios are starting to show up at the pick n pull lately.

Comment

00-02 rio are the same as the auto aspire.
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

It's good to have a car that's 5-7 years newer than an Aspire to pull parts from.

Comment

From what I can tell, '00 to sometime mid-year '02 Rios have auto Aspire brakes.

I hope the knuckles pan out, too.

I wonder about fitting the later year Rio brakes as well? Depends on knuckle fitment, I suppose.

Wish I had more time in the 'yards. Last times I went when I HAD time there were no Rios!

BTW, only one of the rear bearing races swap between Rios and Aspires. Otherwise, totally different rear brakes and suspension.

There are also some nice looking silver Rio steelies to look for. I think they are early ones and are 13" diameter. Rios also had 14" wheels, including some nice looking alloys. Should fit well, but try them first.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Anyone have a junkyard near by with the 03+ Rio's in it? You should try swapping a set hub over there.

Comment

I heard on here somewhere that the newer rio's were hyundai products, if thats the case then they would have a different designed knuckle, caliper etc. I imagine.

Comment

Working...
                X