Anyone running 175/50/13 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running 175/50/13 ?

Is anyone out there running 175/50/13's? I have 195/45/14's and was thinking of downgrading for two reasons. One: I rub under extreme cornering and two: I hate how expensive 195/45/14's are. I have a B6T so I know that getting the 13" tires won't help my hooking up issues. I just can't afford to be burning the crap out of 14" tires every time a Honda thinks he's faster then me =p I just want to see how low profile the tires look. If anyone has a picture of any car running them that would be cool. Thanks,

Shaun

Anyone running 175/50/13 ?

Never mind. Found a pic of a car running them.

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

Comment

no clue where you can get 175/50's but darpien is running 175/60 13's on his car and they dont' rub at all.

the 195/45R14's I had on that car at one point rubbed on the passenger rear if two people sat in the back but otherwise were fine.
      Wil
      02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
      00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
      05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
      93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
      96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
      93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

I used to roll on Nitto 175x50x13's

Nitto has a pretty tough tire, the rubber doesn't peel as bad, I could corner like crazy with em on. You just need to use the right rim so you dont rub however they handled great. I will be back to 50 series low pro tires soon myself. Kinda expensive but if you have good alignment they last. good luck

Comment

I'm running 185/60-13s, no rubbing.
          tire rack has them and 175/50's for $30 apiece,
          69 Shelby GT-350, 351W, 4 spd
          97 Jag xk8 vert
          06 Mini Cooper S GP
          93 Stiva
          04 Volvo S80

Comment

What brand are the 175/50's? Anything reputable? I also have the 185/60/13's and they work great Falken Ziex's no rubbing at all... I didn't think any reputable/good traction'd tire was made in that size. -Kyle
            Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Sumitomo HTR 200

so this is a rare tire? I love the $39.00 price tag on them......

Shaun

Comment

yeah those sumi's are good. Dominick had those on his car and they seemed to grip well

falken is actually a baby company spawned by sumitomo whose their parent company.
                Wil
                02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
                00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
                05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
                93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
                96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
                93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

You think I would notice a huge difference between 195/45/14's and 175/50/13's?

I am going to be doing an aspire swap and have a chance to get some good looking 13" wheels.... I know the 195/45/14's were great for cornering. I just think they wear out too fast.

Shaun

Comment

I think you are going to find they are going to wear out even quicker due to the smaller diameter = more rotations per mile (20.9in vs. 19.9in) but then again the treadwear is usually the ultimate factor on that.. Also by switching to the 175/5013's you will have less rotating mass and smaller diameter giving you a little quicker car but less of a top speed... Also those tires are closer to stock size so your speedo might be almost dead on... Either way let us know how it goes.. -Kyle

BTW, here is the link to the Tire Calculator..

Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Originally posted by 69shelby
                      I'm running 185/60-13s, no rubbing.
                      tire rack has them and 175/50's for $30 apiece,
                      I was looking at those exact tires on tire-rack.com. I'm glad to hear that you don't have any problems with rubbing, however, is your festy at stock ride height? When I did my Aspire brake swap, I found a set of 13's off of an '86 Celica GT and the tires that came on them are 185/70/R13 and they rub pretty badly, even with my stock ride height. I want to get the FMS lowering springs for my car but I don't know if a 185/60/R13 will give me enough clearance to avoid rubbing. Does anybody here run 13" wheels and have their car lowered with the FMS sport lowering springs?

Comment

I'm lowered on Falken 175-60-13s with no problems now. I had the Sumi HTR200 175-50-13s for a season - they handled GREAT and are CHEAP but man, they wore out sooooooo fast - only got about 7500 miles out of them - maybe could have got 10k with more frequent rotation.

Comment

175/50/13

I'm running this tiresetup.
                          My car is lowered, But i had my springs cut i think a little over an inch.
                          I have no problems with this tires the grip is good, When i get tight turns.
                          :iroc:
                          06 vw Bora
                          09 Nissan Versa
                          fastest B6T is back!!!
                          http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

50 series

I believe the makers of 175x50x13's Nitto and BF Goodrich make a pretty good 50 series in the 13, Sumitomo may make a 50 too I think. My BF Goodrich's handled good but peeled quick! The Nitto's worked great and cornering was awesome, just kinda pricy. I believe its anywhere from 80-110 dollars per tire at Big-O and Discount tire. Alignment is very crucial, it's costly if you have bad alignment. Mine do not rub, even in a reverse rim. If you have bad rear shocks you may rub if you have passengers and in extreme tight turn arounds, besides that they work great and I prefer them. They can be a little bumpy though due to the low profile "you feel alot" In racing they work great. Acceleration is awesome as well as grip. I should be on 50's in a month or so again myself. 50's will fit a Festy.

Comment

I had the 175/50-13 Sumitomo's. They were all right. Very small tire. fine on smooth roads but the short sidewall is pretty brutal on broken pavement. would make a very good autox tire as the grearing makes for very snappy acceleration. I wish they still made the Yokohama A008s in 175/70-12. those were so awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X