Suspension for rough roads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension for rough roads.

So my suspension is really worn out.. i think its all original. Its really rough on our terrible streets. the back is really saggy... one person in the back seat and the tires rub on bumps.. and sometimes i hear some kind of knocking sound on bumps.

Anywho, if i replace everything, what would be the best way to go? I want a smooth ride.

I was thinking FMS original ride springs, and KYB GR-2 struts all from FMS.

But will those struts be the best for our brutal roads?
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

the struts would be fine. GR2s are only slightly more aggressive than stock valving. You might consider stock Aspire springs.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

aspire springs will raise the car, correct? Wont that throw off the camber?
      Just asking.. Im all for a raising the car... when we had fresh snow the underbody was scraping on unploughed streets.

when i get home im gonna post a video of a highway i drive often... you guys wont believe it lol
      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
      RIP 90LX

Comment

The KYBs with stock springs will do pretty good. I've got them on, and believe me, the roads aren't any better here. My rear springs are kind of beat, but I can see that with new ones, things would be that much better.

I think the Festy actually rides better than my 06 Toyota.

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X