struts Aspire/Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• struts Aspire/Festiva

is there a difference in the spring perch hieght between the festiva and the aspire. I am thinking there is. Mainly front I found a thread on the rear.
    it runs so sweet
    91 L 5spd

front are identical, i have some festiva and some aspire fronts in the garage, i eve have a pic around here of them side by side... gotta see if i can find it.
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Thanks that is what I thought but I needed to check. thanks
      it runs so sweet
      91 L 5spd

Comment

here they are...

Aspire on the right, festiva on the left

Aspire on teh bottom

hope that helps a bit...
        ~Nate

Current cars:
        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

So aspire FRONT Shockers / Springs will bolt into a Festiva without any other changes?

Comment

Yes. No.

Aspire front shocks are the same as festiva front shocks, but the springs are different. Aspire rear shocks are different than festiva rear shocks, and the springs are also different. But both assembly's will bolt up to your festiva, but they make it taller/stiffer.
            ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

hMMM .... Easy option for a lift kit

There's heaps of Aspires at wreckers compared to WA's!

Comment

yes, if you use aspire springs + struts you should get a 1-2" lift. I've seen people who use the aspire setup in the winter with snow tires, and then KYB GR2's w/ FMS springs in the summer!
                ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Need to bump this up with a question.
                  Can you use the Aspire springs with Festiva struts to firm up the ride without it raising the car too much? 1 inch or less?
                  Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                  - Unknown
                  I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                  - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                  - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Fronts will probably firm it up going on the pics above, but i believe the rear springs are about 1" taller.

Comment

I could live with an inch. May have to make a trip to P&P!
                      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                      - Unknown
                      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

you can use aspire springs on festiva struts, it will raise the front and leave the back at about stock festiva height. this is because the rear struts on the aspire have taller springs perches, so the extra height on the aspire rear is by making the spring perch higher. The extra lift on the front is accomplished via longer/stiffer springs, but the same size strut.

If you want a slightly stiffer ride and no difference in height use cut aspire springs, SafetyGuy has cut aspire springs on his car, IIRC he lopped 1.5 coils to bring the festiva to stock height, you might want to PM him to get a little more info!
                        ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

could you cut the aspire springs enough to make the ride lower? then you would have a lower and stiffer ride, right?
                          89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                          92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                          New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

I actually have a set of fms aspire lowering springs that are cut in the rear, they are much stiffer than festiva ones. Only reason I am getting rid of them is because I am parting out the car, I am 100% satisfied with them.

Comment

So the FMS aspire lowering springs would keep the car at a stock height with a firmer ride? A good idea for those who want to stuff huge tires under the car.

-Scott
                              Aqua 93 L
                              Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                              White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Working...
                              X