Festiva/Aspire brake swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva/Aspire brake swap

So I am in the process of doing this swap, thanks to all the great advice I have read on this site. However, during the install of my rear axle, I noticed the Aspire has a particularly large metal "fin" that prevents the assembly from bolting up to the brackets on the body. I also could not remove these bolts without removing the brackets, one was rusted up, and the other was prevented by the spare tire well or gas tank from coming out. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks.

Just use the brackets that came on the Aspire bar.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Nuts, I just dropped the assembly out of the brackets at the junkyard and took it like that.

Comment

I'm sure that you could cut that metal piece off, but it's easier to do it by just using the Aspire pieces.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I think the brackets are the same. I'll check tonight when I'm home. I have both setups next to each other.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
          BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
          BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
          New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

I don't remember any fin on my rear beam.
            I hope there isn't because I dont have any aspire mounts, they got chopped to get the beam off.

EDIT: There is a pic of the rear beam, click to enlarge a lot. Where is the fin on there?
            OX SMASH!!

Comment

The fin is on the metal housing of the bushing that connects the axle to the body, toward the outside. About an inch of mine is lying on the shop floor, I trimmed it. It looks as if it might be some kind of travel limiter, though it being less than 1/8 inch thick, I can't see how much good it would do. Unless you are "Dukes of Hazzarding" it, the suspension shouldn't travel that far.

Comment

hehehe....the general leeiva hwaaa haa haaa
                Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Working...
                X