Lug swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lug swap question

Short of running adapters or finding Aspire/XR2 spindles had any one had any luck changing lug patterns? I'd really like to change to 4 by 100. I've got no problem redrilling the rear drums and I'd really like to be able to fit 13" wheels. I'm in MN and most Aspires have rusted away long ago! I've done a little searching and started digging the some bearing and hub cross references with little success so far.
    Last edited by UseMoreDuctTape; 01-20-2021, 05:13 PM.

I swapped one of my cars to Aspire axles. There are plenty of Aspires at the U-Pull It here in Albuquerque. Have you tried looking on eBay? Actually I have an Aspire rear axle I bought from a guy who needed to empty a storage unit. It's drum to drum and it looks really clean. I imagine I could sell you the axle stubs complete with the drums. I have not checked into the fitment. I imagine the axles stubs should bolt right up to the Festiva beam. If you are interested you can contact me through the forum. I think that would be a pm. Or how about : PM if you are interested.
    Rick
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Xr2 knuckles are 4x114

Aspire or early Rio are the easiest way to get 4x100 up front. But since you're honda swapping you may want to look into hub options that would allow you to use off the shelf axles.

Rear re-drilled are best if you can find flat backed. It can be done with regular drums too but takes more work. Aspire spindles/drums add +10mm offset and two of the beam holes have to be slotted to fit aspire spindles on festy beam.
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
        I swapped one of my cars to Aspire axles. There are plenty of Aspires at the U-Pull It here in Albuquerque. Have you tried looking on eBay? Actually I have an Aspire rear axle I bought from a guy who needed to empty a storage unit. It's drum to drum and it looks really clean. I imagine I could sell you the axle stubs complete with the drums. I have not checked into the fitment. I imagine the axles stubs should bolt right up to the Festiva beam. If you are interested you can contact me through the forum. I think that would be a pm. Or how about : PM if you are interested.
        Rick
        Thanks! I might have to take you up on that!

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
        Xr2 knuckles are 4x114

Aspire or early Rio are the easiest way to get 4x100 up front. But since you're honda swapping you may want to look into hub options that would allow you to use off the shelf axles.

Rear re-drilled are best if you can find flat backed. It can be done with regular drums too but takes more work. Aspire spindles/drums add +10mm offset and two of the beam holes have to be slotted to fit aspire spindles on festy beam.
        Yeah. I ment to delete this post. I've been spending almost every spare minute cramming anything Festiva related lol!

My original plan was to cut the axles and sleeve the ends to Festiva joints, but after talking to someone over on FB messenger (He's probably here too) who's also swapping a D16 as well, it looks like EF civic hubs will press into Festiva spindles with minimal work and he's even found one axle that works off the shelf!

As for the rears I'm still waffling between drilling the drums, swapping to Aspire drums, or trying to find the whole damn Aspire beam. I still have a lot of work to do before I worry to much about the rear setup.

I plan on getting back into autocrossing. The lighter rear drums would be nice but I'm worried about warping them but the added whao of the Aspire drums would help with the added vtec go...

Comment

I have 4*114 to 4*100 adapters on my 89. They are 1" thick and come with studs and nuts. The factory bolts work fine bolting the adapter to the hub. They are NOT hub centric on either end. My car shakes above 60mph because of this. I rarely go above that on my day to day driving. Also have 15*5.5 wheels from a second gen mini Cooper. Needed a bit of fender massaging. Also on ultimate street suspension.

Can take more pictures for details if needed.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have 4*114 to 4*100 adapters on my 89. They are 1" thick and come with studs and nuts. The factory bolts work fine bolting the adapter to the hub. They are NOT hub centric on either end. My car shakes above 60mph because of this. I rarely go above that on my day to day driving. Also have 15*5.5 wheels from a second gen mini Cooper. Needed a bit of fender massaging. Also on ultimate street suspension.

Comment

Comment

Sorry for triple post. Was doing from mobile and it freaked out.

Comment

Working...
                X