how to secure the spare tire to the trunk of the Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to secure the spare tire to the trunk of the Festiva

greetings, I bought my Festiva and it had nothing to hold the spare tire, neither has the hydraulic jack to lift the vehicle, I would like you to show me how it goes originally to see how I can repair it, I have a hole in the middle of the trunk and a lot of noise because of this, apologies for my bad English, and thank you very much in advance.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Both the spare and the jack have brackets with long bolts that secure them to the body. The jack uses a t-bolt, the spare uses a regular hex bolt with a 14mm head so that it can be removed with the lug wrench.

'88 L- B6d-Sidedraft Dellorto Carbs-G-Series-Advanced Suspension
    '89 L B3-5 speed-A/C-Advanced Suspension

Project Goldilocks '66 C10 Short Fleet BBW Build
    '65 C10 Highly Detailed Stock Restoration Thread
    '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work
    '66 F100 Full Rotisserie Restoration
    '40 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Restoration
    How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster
    How To Detail Sand Body Panels, Edges, Corners

Comment

Notice in the photo that the well in the tunk is made to accomodate one of those small emergency spare tires. I have a regular 12" tire in mine and it is a bit high but fits okay. I see you have a regular tire as a spare in your photo. If you are using tires larger than the 12" stock tires it may not fit well in the well. Also note in the photos the car comes with a scissor jack, not hydraulic. My scissor jack bent and I'm using the jack off a Honda instead, You should be able to pick up a scissor jack at a junk yard.I wish my car were as pristine as the one in the photos.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

thank you very much for your answer, it helped me a lot, do you have any idea how to find the rubber of the trunk on ebay, mine is very worn out and it lets water into the car.

Comment

Working...
        X