Call oput to Advancedynamic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call oput to Advancedynamic

Hey, Charlie, it has been a few years since your major write ups on the suspension system for the Festiva, and Mike's on the street suspension. I am looking for the front shocks recommended for the street suspension, and wondering if you think they might be the same as back when you suggested them. I am hoping you can take the time to discuss this with me. Are these the ones?

ebay link

The "good street suspension " coilover systems seem like they might be the best way to future proof the race car. The spring rates in that one are about what I am using already with cut stock springs. The aftermarket for old VW Golf's seems to be continuing strongly.

My Ice Race car has blown out the front Aspire shocks this winter. They worked well with front Aspire springs.
    But no one I can find sells or supplies Aspire struts anymore.
    The only Festi ones I can find are KYB, and those blew out in a few race weekends back when I first used them with Festi front springs..

Anyhow, I'd appreciate your opinion on if these are the hot tuning shocks you recommended some time ago, and if you have any idea if they might have changed.
    Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
    Icetiva-3-race-car-build
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Hi everyone! This is a great question. For a reliable, inexpensive, performance suspension package, the details in my original write up are still applicable. The brand names of the Mk2 VW coilovers change by the month, but there are still decent deals available.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Those Hot tuning coilovers look to be the correct ones.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Great, many thanks for the update
        Icetiva-3-race-car-build

Comment

Update about a year later.
          I bought the front Hot Tuning kit and springs. Put them on the front end of the ice racer, and they have worked well. With a bit if adjusting I got a decent front ride height with some forward rake, and a 50.1 % cross weight.
          I was worried it would be too stiff, but it actually seems about right.
          I stayed with what I already had on the back, since the shorter Mk 1 VW shocks lowered the car too much for ice racing with 12 mm bolts in the tires (too low and the studs tear up the wheel wells), and I could not easily rig up a nice rear top hat arrangement.
          Icetiva-3-race-car-build

Comment

Working...
          X