Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's this I hear about using Scion xB/xA or Toyota Echo front calipers & rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this I hear about using Scion xB/xA or Toyota Echo front calipers & rotors?

Couldn't find anything via the search function...just heard a rumor that the Toyota Echo / Scion xB/xA front rotors/calipers make a solid front brake upgrade. Just curious if anyone knows anything about this. If not...I'm going to be tempted to dig through my (far too big) junk pile for the Echo brakes I pulled off my 02 Echo this spring and see what's what. But I'd LOVE it if someone's already tried this and can tell me if it's a hornet's nest before I get myself stung.

Quick edit...just realized this applies to Festy's with the Aspire front brake upgrade already done, thus giving them a 4x100 bolt pattern...which is what Toyota Echo's and Scion xB/xA's are. So...guess I kinda answered my own question here. Think it's time for me to stop doing internet today. ;-);-)
    Last edited by RayRay; 06-13-2022, 07:09 PM.
    I am currently Festivaless. I am without Festiva. Non-Festiva. I'm UnFestiva'ed. Living post-Festiva. Ex-Festiva Life. Hashtag sad :'-(

PS - Please send very low-dollar offers. Currently looking to buy, but will have to empty the couch cushions to do so. Hashtag sad, again.

Haven't heard of this, let us know if you do it and how it turned out.

Comment

Unfortunately, I created this post after a series of insomnia-filled nights and 28 hour work days (so I was VERY VERY tired)...and I'd gotten all kinds of mixed up. If I understand correctly, the Aspire front end brake swap gives our Festiva's a 4x100 lug pattern...which is what the Scion and Echo's are. Obviously there's a very big difference between having the same lug pattern and using the same brake hardware.

Since we own both a Festiva and an Echo, and since I'm constantly trying to upgrade both, I'd gotten SUPER tired and got my wires crossed, somehow thinking someone online had used the Scion/Echo brake hardware on a Festiva...and was initially posting to see if someone knew more about this...anyway, after I got some sleep I realized my mistake and felt downright dumb. What can I say. :-)
      I am currently Festivaless. I am without Festiva. Non-Festiva. I'm UnFestiva'ed. Living post-Festiva. Ex-Festiva Life. Hashtag sad :'-(

PS - Please send very low-dollar offers. Currently looking to buy, but will have to empty the couch cushions to do so. Hashtag sad, again.

Comment

Awh no problem, if aspire breaks can't be found the kia rio front breaks are more or less the same and can be often more easily found.

Comment

Working...
        X