dodge colt tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dodge colt tires?

Ok, I have found 13" wheels from a 92 colt that are 13x5. These should be 114.3, same as stock festy. wheels $20 each. New tires from discount tires, 155-80-r13 for $20 each as well. Will this work on a stock 93 festy L ? And does anyone know the offset on the colt wheels? I am going to keep trying to find out.....
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

update, I have also found mist mirage rims, 1990, and I think they have the same offset, anyone know?

Comment

Confuscious say; "wise man search for answer, before asking question..."

Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I am not sure on the offset but it shouldnt interfere. When I first got my festy I garaged it at my friends place and as a joke he took his racing slicks off his colt gt and bolted them up on my festiva and took some pics and they fit perfectly but I dont know if they were stock wheels that he bolted up or what but I do know they fit.

Comment

alright jim, I mean Confuscious, I mean, oh heck, you know who I mean I was in a tearing hurry. I bought the LAST set of new tires in the raleigh/durham area recently, or at least so it now seems. I can find not a one new or used. One of those tires split at the dang inner seam today, blech, so I was trying to find out before I had to be at work at 5 today. That isn't happening now. I have seen that list, but it appears incomplete to me, as in, do ALL those 4.5 inch wheels fit the festy stock? Is the center hole the right size, proper offset, so on and so forth? I cannot even use my spare for more than emergency driving, I have worn it down to steel belt!

I went to look at the mirage wheels, 4x100 in this case, and the center hole(what is that called?) was to small as well. I found that they ARE 40 mm offset, and some are 114.3 pattern as well, just not these. So I am trying to make SURE that I can fit those colt wheels b4 I have to pay someone gas money to drive me 70 miles one way!

Thanks though, for trying !

I also talked to one guy at a tire shop who told me the 13" tires are going the way of 12" tires within the next few years, so a 14" upgrade would prolly be better.

I am not looking to make baby car pretty, although that is a plus, I need to be able to drive her, and get tires without a major search. Anybody have 13 or 14 inch wheels that will get me going cheap(est)? What kind of car did you get them from? I would rather not do any mods either, although I may do the aspire swap in the future, I cannot afford it now. Heck, I cannot this problem either, but I do not seem to have a choice!

Comment

I have been hunting and pecking like crazy through these threads. Obviously this is a common question, and someone always seems to come up with the response, "look at the sticky" . Well, I have looked at the sticky, and at 8 pages of threads so far. Some of the tires listed on the sticky obviously can be made to fit, with hubcentric rings, or spacers, or other mods, some easier than others. I have also noticed many of the posts have been asking the same thing I am, that is, what wheels, if any, will bolt directly up to the festy without any mods? The sticky does not supply that!

aaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh, I have a headache!

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the helpfulness this forum provides, and the sticky narrows it down some, gives a good place to start and such, but it is NOT the only answer to the question! I MUST have my car tomorrow, so I am gonna keep hunting. I am saving the info I am gleaning, so to compile a list that may hint at what has to be done to adapt at least some of these tires, and it may help others as well, keep a lookout!

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest, so I can comb through the last 6 pages of this topic. God I hope the advil kicks in soon!

Comment

gone

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

Do they have the same center bore, or do they need hubcentric rings? Also, 155/70 wouldn't be bad. Thanks for the input. Sorry if I sound cranky above^^^^ it has been a VERY frustrating day!

Comment

the center hole is HUGE compared to the center hole in stock festy wheels.
                  Mine are steelies and didn't have to use hubcentrics,
                  don't know any others.
                  J

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

Re: dodge colt tires?

Originally posted by scitzz1
                    Ok, I have found 13" wheels from a 92 colt that are 13x5. These should be 114.3, same as stock festy. wheels $20 each. New tires from discount tires, 155-80-r13 for $20 each as well. Will this work on a stock 93 festy L ? And does anyone know the offset on the colt wheels? I am going to keep trying to find out.....
                    Those wheel will fit with those tires.
                    I had that setup on my car no rubing.
                    Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                    99 Dodge Caravan SE
                    95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                    94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                    78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                    78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                    03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                    95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                    95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders