Quick sway bar question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick sway bar question.

For everyone who is using energy suspension swaybar bushings (swaybar to frame), did you buy the 21mm ones and enlarge the hole a little bit or did you get the 22mm and squeeze them on there? Thanks.
    91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
    00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
    88 gtx
    74 torino- enduro car.

I used part # 9.5158 , they fit perfectly.

BUT, before you go and buy them, if you have access to an aspire swaybar you may want to consider upgrading first. Right after i bought and installed my energy susp bushings i got an aspire swaybar, and they ARE the same size (as far as LCA to LCA), and the aspire one is 1" OD (festiva is 7/8")

I now have an aspire sway-bar, but i'm not going to use it b/c i just installed my energy susp bushings, lol. When installing the aspire swaybar it looks like you will need to use the aspire mounting plates (the part the bushing mount attaches to, not just the bushing) but other than that it looks like it will fit fine. I have pics, i will have to upload them and make a thread, i have been planing on it doing it but haven't got around to it...
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

i thought you had to use aspire lca with the apsire sway bar because it was a little wider, is this true?

Comment

Thanks.

What Hot Wheels said is what I have been gathering.... Hurry up with that thread lol.
        91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
        00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
        88 gtx
        74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels
          i thought you had to use aspire lca with the apsire sway bar because it was a little wider, is this true?
          Aspire LCA's are longer, but you should NOT use them! you will pull your axles out of the trany. I believe the inner mounting points for the aspire LCA's are closer together, which is why the LCA has to be longer on the aspire and will not work on the festiva.

When i'm @ school tomorow I'll upload the pics of the aspire vs festiva swaybar's and LCA's in a thread in the Cust susp section (dial-up here is too slow), hopefully that will help clear some things up!
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Working...
          X