1/2 Way done (Aspire Swap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 Way done (Aspire Swap)

Well I got the Aspire rear beam and brakes in. I also used the Aspire rear struts and springs. I cut 1 1/4 links out of the springs to start and it sets pretty close to stock. Im wanting it another inch lower but I will wait till I do the fronts before I change anything. The reason Im doing half at a time is this is my commuter car and I have to drive it everyday. Ill admit I was not sure this would change the ride very much but :shock: man I cant beleve it. I live 5miles up a canyon road and have allways had fun driving it. Today was like doing it for the first time I cant wait till I get the front done. Im so happy so far and im still running skinnys I cant wait till I find some 14's with a little tread :lol:
    :headbang:

Sounds like fun. I want to get the aspire swap done, I just have to talk the wife into the "safety benefits" of the swap. Keep us updated.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid
      Sounds like fun. I want to get the aspire swap done, I just have to talk the wife into the "safety benefits" of the swap. Keep us updated.
      i used similar logic on my dad! lol.

I'm sure you'll be very happy with the aspire swap, like you i did the rear, drove it for about a week, and then did the front, b/c i have to drive the car every day. its well worth the time!
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

post up some pics !

im gonna do this to my 93 in the summer :lol:
        93' Festiva gl 1.3 5spd
        94' Mx3 gs 2.5 5spd

Comment

Sorry didnt take picks. Whan I start something theres no time to stop and take pics. Im sure theres plenty of swap pics around here.

Comment

I have to ask, did everything on that rear end swap just bolt right up or were there any modifications.

Comment

Man, I'm glad I have another daily driver car.

bbq - The rear bolts up pretty much directly. You use the Aspire e-brake cable and run that into the car, and I believe (if memory serves me correct) you swap the Festiva hard brake line on the beam over to the Aspire beam.

The front end is pretty much just as easy.
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Wait a sec, for the aspire swap, you hace to replace the entire rear beam?
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz1
                  you dont HAVE to but it has a sway bar built into it, and I also believe it has larger drums. I never took notice just bolted it in.
                  91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
                  00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
                  88 gtx
                  74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz1
                    it's easier than re-drilling the holes to bolt on the aspire spindle

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

sorry for the typo, thanks for the reply, after tonight I am giving very serious consideration to the aspire swap for myself in the next few days...

Comment

the aspire swap is i think the best thing you can do to a festiva

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Well, I have a bad inner tie rod end, and tonight I started getting that wobbly feeling you get right before it cuts loose. I also need a new control arm ball joint on the other(drivers) side. This guy has a J/Y near me, but he is not listed anywhere, not truly legal, ya know? He has a HUGE selection though, and is extremely cheap. No festies, but he has a couple of aspires. I am thinking I can do an aspire swap for around the same price, or at least within a hundred dollars, as just replacing those two items. I have 4 wheels with 13" tires and a 4 x 100 pattern, with good tires, already. I am just within the last hour digging up all I need in preparation of pricing it out....

Comment

with the aspire swap you still have to use the festiva LCA and INNER tie rods, its the outer tie rods that need to be changed

Comment

Geez, I feel like I am threadjacking here, sorry!

I was reading the other day the thread on junkyard dreaming...now a reality that someone had replaced the LCA's with aspire ones, and put in the sway bar from the aspire, and got good results. I was thinking from the aspire:

LCA
                              swaybar
                              knuckles
                              steering rack(if it will fit, no one has answered my thread on that yet) that would include all tie rod ends..
                              calipers
                              rear beam, drums and such
                              rear ebrake cables

I am going to post soon with all my questions, still trying to do the search thing, there is ALOT to weed through, but worth not getting chastised for not searching first But I am not so hot with search terms, apparently *sighs*

Comment

Working...
                              X