Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing Wheels OEM Other Brands Fit Festivas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Wheels OEM Other Brands Fit Festivas?

Oops! I should have looked at:
    Sticky: Festiva / Aspire custom info post
    then selected for Wheels:

To answer my question:
    What other brand, model and year do I ask for at a junkyard for a 13inch or 14inch diameter wheel to fit the 4 x 4.5 Festiva pattern?

The 12inch tire selection for my 72 Corolla in the 70 and my 78 Fiesta were slim. Well that is nothing compared to today in my attempt to get 12inch tires for my 91 Festiva, it is worse!

The following still stands:
    What do we lose in performance, if we have a bigger diameter tire e.g., 175/70R13 to replace the stock 165/70R12?

Use this tire calculator to help with correcting tire size.
    Selects a tire width, select an aspect ratio, and a rim diameter, and click on calc. The program calcs the correct tire diameter. this number can then be compared to the MFR original tire diameter.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Thanks I have been there and understand the speedo will be off 7%, but can anyone tell me if the stock 1300cc engine with larger diamenter tires:

!. Accelerate noticly slower from a stop?
      2. Have a higher to speed?

Comment

the speedo will be correct!!!! for the first time in that cars life. i've tested it with radar, rolling road, AND against other cars on the highway. it IS accurate, and i don't care WHAT people think about the factory purposely causing the inaccuracy (or not), it was done to boost milage figures.

to answer the questions:
        a touch slower in 3rd-5th gears, and how steep of a hill are you on?
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy
          the speedo will be correct!!!! for the first time in that cars life. i've tested it with radar, rolling road, AND against other cars on the highway. it IS accurate, and i don't care WHAT people think about the factory purposely causing the inaccuracy (or not), it was done to boost milage figures.
          That is a surprise, I'll look forward to the taller tires.
          Originally posted by FestYboy
          to answer the questions:
          a touch slower in 3rd-5th gears, and how steep of a hill are you on?
          Thanks! Really only one steep hill between home and town to commute over. But I need not be in a race up that hill. For the steep hills and long trips we rely on our other vehicles with 8 cylinders.

If I ice race or autocross the Festiva, your info is encouraging. I'll mostly be 1st and 2nd Gear for those events! YAH-WOO!!!!!

Comment

I'm going to put the tire and wheel project on hold, I just got a 1992 Teal Festiva for parts and looks like the wheels are good. So I'll put the winter tire on those wheels for ICE RACING and keep my summer tires (so call all season radials) on the wheels for my Yellow Festiva with the rebuilt engine!!!

Comment

Working...
            X