stiffer struts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stiffer struts...

thinking about rear struts, and have noticed the rear struts on a 5 series BMW looking very promising. same mounting points as the festy and the spring perch is a smaller diameter (allows for wider tire without rubbing). only problem i see is the spring rate (VERY stiff). but there's a bigger market for BMW than festiva/aspire so....

just a thought :?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

If you have the cash, you could custom order lower-rated springs. If the perch isn't TOO much smaller, you could try the festiva springs in their place.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

well the festy springs are too large for what i'm thinking (perch rubs my tires) so i'd need something .5-1.0" smaller in dia. to work
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

run coil-overs on the BMW shocks, if the shocks will fit.

but as far as rears go the AGX shocks that quaddawg used seem to be the way to go.
        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Working...
        X