KYB GR2 rear struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KYB GR2 rear struts

summit and advance auto have the rear GR2's for the aspire and festiva both listed as 340009, but aspire and festiva rears have different spring perch heights, does anyone know which height the GR2's are?

I'm trying to decide between getting 10" coilover springs and 9" coilover springs. I want a stiffer ride but not real harsh (DD and i live in the country), i'm not too worried about lowering it a lot, maybe an inch or two at the most. If the GR2's have a higher spring perch than stock i think i will want the 9" springs, if their the same as stock i think i'll go with 10".

if i use 9" i'm going to use 180/140lb springs, if i use 10" i'm going to use 150/125.
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

unless you want a stiff spring at stock height you need to order a 8" spring for the rear. I was running 9" 220 lb
    springs on festy gr2s and was only able to lower about 1/4" before the adjusters were bottomed out. if you run a 10"
    spring you will have to precompress it before mounting.
    Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
    - Dennis Grant
    FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

Working...
    X