2 quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 quick questions

Well since I'm beginning to have all my parts for my Festy, I began tonight to re-assemble the bearings, disc brake, caliper, etc.

So what do you guys use to put on your bearings? It doesn't seem like I've got the right tool for that.

And is there a suspension bearing on our cars? When I put apart mine, I didn't saw any, am I mistaking?

Thanx
    Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

the rear bearings sit on a step in the drum, no special tools needed. the front bearings are supposed to use a shim selector tool, but i've never needed one of those seeing as the shims are not available. use the old shim and adjust the tention by hand testing the turning touque. and there is a "bearing" on the front strut mounts, but there are no balls or rollers, it's just a piece of plastic with a base and cover.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy
      the rear bearings sit on a step in the drum, no special tools needed. the front bearings are supposed to use a shim selector tool, but i've never needed one of those seeing as the shims are not available. use the old shim and adjust the tention by hand testing the turning touque. and there is a "bearing" on the front strut mounts, but there are no balls or rollers, it's just a piece of plastic with a base and cover.
      Alright, you confused me even more! :lol:

I've no idea what shims you're talking about! But I forgot to mention it's an Aspire bearing/knuckle maybe that's the problem.

And does anyone have a picture of the strut mont bearing to know if I have one somewhere?

Thanx
      Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
      X