simple question about wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple question about wheels

what is the biggest wheels you can put on a festiva? i saw a bunch of people putting 13's on them but i was wondering about lets say some 15's or 16's? think it would work? let me know i am wondering about this. thanks, rusty

MAxtiva have 15's in his festie..

Comment

yea and i have to say they look good too. do you know any websites you can choose different wheels and see them on a festiva?

Comment

I've got 15's on my Festiva too, with Aspire brakes and lowered too. I'm running a 195/45 series tire, but had to roll the fenders so they didn't rub all the time.

I don't know of any websites that offer what you're looking for with a Festiva. I know there are some websites that have options, but I don't know that the Festiva would be on their site or not. The best bet is to find some wheels that you want and then Photoshop (or have someone do it) to see what it looks like.

You want to find 4x114.3 for the Festiva bolt pattern (stock) or 4x100 if you've got Aspire brakes swapped on. I believe a 38+ mm offset is what you need for a "stock look".

http://www.pimptiva.com/?page_id=40&g2_itemId=4888 - There is my gallery from the one AutoX this past summer. Gives a good idea of the wheels I'm running with some clearance, even in tight turns.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

This site is helpful for seeing how far off the speedo will be with your tire selection.

I am in need of replacing a set of Comp T/A's that are showing their age, 185/55 R13's, can't find them anymore
          Kevin
          '93 L (BP{T} Sold
          '90 L Plus Sold
          '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

On my festi I use 15x6½ RTX Falcon 38 mm offset with Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 195/45R15. On the back I use coil spring spreader (to prevent rubbing and to make it harder) and 1/4" spacer. I also have KYB GR-2 front & rear strut and FMS coil spring drop 35 mm. I did not have any problems or rubbing.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Wow - those wheels look a lot like mine.
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

ok maxtiva did you use the aspire brakes and hubs and all of that on yours? wondering cause i am on a low budget and putting that kind of money in to one isn't in my range at this time. that's about 2 years off. i have to get the 03 focus paid off and the 88 couger out of the way so i will have room.

Comment

No I dont have the aspire brake swap but this is in my plan.

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
                  Wow - those wheels look a lot like mine.
                  I know and they look sweet on your car too.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Max - Haha... Thanks.

rusty - The Aspire swap isn't really that expensive. Junkyard parts can be had for cheap... And if the car is in decent shape or recently had their brakes serviced, you can get away even cheaper.
                    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                    X