Front Aspire sway bar swap **pics**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Aspire sway bar swap **pics**

i went today to my local U-Pull it and got myself a front aspire sway bar...i dont know if this has been posted before but i thought i would put in my two cents if anyone has any questions just ask

with some bending and with the use of the old mounting plates i got it to fit! tell me what you think...if you notice i got it to mount up and over the tranny mount just like in the aspire

awesome! glad someone finally did it

you think it improved the front end feel a lot?
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

definately, it's nice to see someone do that upgrade

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

what did you "bend"?
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

You should replace your driver's side cv axle before it quits on you. It looks like it could explode any day now.

oh yah, nice job on the swap. Those are close up pics.
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I'd like to hear the benefits of the swap...
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I'd say its a must have swap...10 bucks and i can pretty much pitch the car sideways with the flick of the steering wheel

the aspire sway bar is about an inch wider then the old festiva so i had to bend it inwards.....then the front mounting plate you have to bolt up the first two front bolts then use a jack to get the back of the plate to fit up against the frame for the last back bolt....all in all with that fitting so snuggly it stiffens up so much the front end will move any way you want it...

and yes i know my axle is about to blow...im debating whether i should just wait till i do my B6T or get new axles for now

Comment

oneeyepizzaguy did this swap a few months ago.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

if enough people want it i could do a write up with tons of pictures and details on how to do it....its pretty easy

Comment

I'd be interested in a write-up
                    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

^^^ So would I...

Also, where are you located, I would love to feel how it drives
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Me three.
                        Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

i live in portland ,OR

alright if i can find time maybe next weekend i will make a write up...i want to see if maybe i can get it sticky? write ups about things like this need to be sticky haha

Comment

^^actually theres a section "other articles" for just this... so thats where i would do the write-up

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Please Please do a write-up! Very interested in that!
                              If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                              Mark S.

Comment

Working...
                              X