Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Springs on Aspire Struts?

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've gatheres so far:

Front Strut Towers are the same only difference being the Aspire has Stronger Springs

Rear Towers are different though with the Aspire Tower being taller than the Festiva even though it will still bolt into place just fine.

So Judging from what I've read and assuming I didnt get lost onlong the way I could use FMS Sport Festiva Springs on the Aspire Towers on the front with out issues however what about the Rear?

If I am Right/Wrong let me know . . .

Also if anyone has done this then please take a picture of how the car looks after the aspire swap with sport springs

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Re: Festiva Springs on Aspire Struts?

Originally posted by Festiva_tunner
    Front Strut Towers are the same only difference being the Aspire has Stronger Springs
    That is correct. The front struts are very similar. The aspire springs are stiffer.

Rear Towers are different though with the Aspire Tower being taller than the Festiva even though it will still bolt into place just fine.
    On the rear, I believe the rear perch on the aspire strut is higher than the perch on the festiva strut. It will bolt in just fine.

So Judging from what I've read and assuming I didn't get lost on long the way I could use FMS Sport Festiva Springs on the Aspire Towers on the front with out issues however what about the Rear?
    You won't have a problem in the front end. In the rear you won't get a drop like what the springs would give you if you were using festiva struts, but it will bolt up just fine.

Here is a good link
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

So would Festy sport springs on aspire perches all around it give a slight stance then? Rear at a stock height and the front droped that inch or so?

92 GL - parts car
      97 aspire - parts car
      87 323 DX - daily driver

Comment

I believe that is correct, as best as I can tell from everything I have read on this forum.
        The Festiva Store

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_tunner
          So would Festy sport springs on aspire perches all around it give a slight stance then? Rear at a stock height and the front droped that inch or so?

yep, thats right. The front will be lowered just as if you used the festiva struts, and the rear should remain aprox stock height. I don't think anyone has actually done this so the exact hight of the rear is unknown (you may still bring it down 1/4" or so from stock), but it will be higher than when using the festiva struts.

hope that helps a bit!
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

OK, I have never done a darn thing to change suspension from stock, except on stangs, with expert guidance, back in the late 80's, so I am curious.

Of you use aspire struts/shocks with aspire springs, front and rear, what does that do for you on a festiva?
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Adding to the question also....is the dampening rates different between the aspire and festiva shocks? ie. would a aspire sping be under damped on a festiva strut?

-Scott
              Aqua 93 L
              Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
              White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

If the Aspire spring does indeed have a higher spring rate then the Aspire shock should have increased damping to match.

As the other thread linked above says the Aspire spring could be cut (at the bottom since there's not a dead coil there) to achieve the same ride height and also increase the spring rate further. In this case you'd definitely want a performance damper to handle the cut spring.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz1
                  OK, I have never done a darn thing to change suspension from stock, except on stangs, with expert guidance, back in the late 80's, so I am curious.

Of you use aspire struts/shocks with aspire springs, front and rear, what does that do for you on a festiva?
                  read the thread no-name linked to.

As far as the damping forces, i think the front struts on festiva/aspire are the same part # (someone care to check? i don't have time right now) so i would assume they are the same damping. The rears i don't know since they are different part #'s.
                  ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                  91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                  1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                  2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper
                    Originally posted by scitzz1

read the thread no-name linked to.
                    So it will make the ride taller and stiffer, but does it keep the "stance" the same, as in, will the rear be higher than the front by the same ratio?

I am thinking it is time for the aspire swap, and thought this might work well with it.
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

The part numbers are not the same for the shocks. But some times that is because they have positioned the brake clip at a different spot on the body of the shock, or there is not one at all. They could have the exact same dampening though.
                      The Festiva Store

Comment

I compared the pictures and they apear to be the same (with diferent brake hose mounts) but I could not find the dampening force.

92 GL - parts car
                        97 aspire - parts car
                        87 323 DX - daily driver

Comment

Working...
                        X