What type of coilover?????????HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of coilover?????????HELP!!

ok im getting all of the rest of my suspension parts together and i want to do the honda coil over set up. what year and what make honda kit? what brand? im looking to drag race the car what spring weight?

Thanks
    everyone

anyone? im still not sure what weight spring

Comment

92-2000 Civic Ground Control Coilovers with 9" springs 175# front and 150 # in rear. 150# is the lightest they have. If they had lighter I would go with it for ride quality but for racing I can't answer that.
      -Bryant

Comment

if you looking to go for a cheap e-bay kit, it doesn't matter, they are all basically the same. The kit i bought didn't even list a make/model it was for. I got mine for $25.01 shipped, and just tossed the springs. Honda, mazda, ford, etc the cheap kits are all the same.
        what you need to look for is the aluminum top hats, don't get the rubber ones! i've heard bad things about them. The kit should come with the body, adjustor's, top hats, set screws, spanning wrenches, and rubber o-rings and insulators. Then you just have to find springs you want. For drag racing you will want to go stiff. You won't be able to have appropriate damping unless you use KYB AGX shocks like quaddog did, but i don't think this is as critical for dragging as it is for autoX. quaddawg is running 250/300 rate springs. I have 125/150 rate springs. they would be WAY to soft for drag. I like them because they improve the handling significantly and still provide a fairly nice ride for DD. I would say run at least 250/300 for drag racing, perhaps even higher, i guess thats sorta up to you.

good luck!
        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

i am using the KYG agx rear shocks and the KYB gr2s for the festiva for the front. maybe ill get the coil over set summit racing sells matrix is the brand and then find better springs thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
          X