Which is the stiffer spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the stiffer spring?

I have Aspire 4door rear springs with 2 links cut under the back of my Festiva. I sets right where I want it too. I put my Miata wheels and the tires I have for them (size isnt the best but it is what I have) on the back and went for a drive. They only rub on high speed bumps and hard turns. Tomorrow Im going to build a rear stur tower brace and will have the rear struts out of the car. I will also do some clearencing to my fenderwells.
    The question is. Would the Festiva front springs cut to the hight I like be stiffer than the ones Im running now. I can go to the j/y and get front Aspire springs if I need to but I already have extra Festiva ones. Your opinions please.

the front festy springs should be a higher rate than the rear aspire considering that the f/r weight split is 68-32 ish. but if you REALLY want to drive this car hard, get the aspire springs...
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Ok so I clearenced the fender wells and used the front Festiva springs (cut to my specs) and now I can only get it to rub a little. Im hoping that the rear strut tower brace will help a little more when I get it in on Sunday. If not Im thinking of cuting 1/2 less coils out of my other set of Festiva front springs and that should do it But that will be my last resort because I love the ride hight I have now.
      Bob

Comment

Next chance you get I'd use the fronts cut 1/2 less of a coil, to absolutely avoid rubbing. Remember, you might want to carry a heavy load some day and hit a bump.

How is the ride with those front springs in the back now?

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

What size tires are you running?
          Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
          99 Dodge Caravan SE
          95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
          94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
          78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
          78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
          03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
          95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
          95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
          95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

185/65/14 They were free so I will deal with it. I cant afford the tires I want right now.
            It rides great. The car is gutted and will not be carrying much in it. I put the back seat and belts in when I have my kids.
            Last edited by Biglay5150; 05-12-2008, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X