Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• springs

G,day guys
    In Australia i seem to be only able to get 60mm lowered aspire springs , as my car will have aspire rear struts and festiva fronts will these lower my car about 38mm all round?

in a word yes, given we accept some general festy/aspire/121 myths (facts, anyone?)

from what I understand (search forums for more info) only the Rear struts have a
    difference between festy and aspire. So the Rear will be 38mm lower (from stock,
    60mm drop - 22mm (your math) higher perch). Assuming the festy/aspire rear spring
    height is the same.

The Current information suggest the aspire front springs are taller. How much taller,
    why not 22mm (so the aspire sits level with a festy equal spring out back)? So a
    60mm drop - 22mm taller spring = 38mm end drop.

I think...

- Chris
    Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
    - Dennis Grant
    FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

Sounds about right to me too.
      Keep in mind if you fit an even lower rear spring (custom or cut) into an Aspire strut- the shock absorber will get closer to it's limit.
      I had my shock absorbers shortened to accomodate the smaller spring (In an Aspire).

In saying that- 60mm is a fair distance for the front, are you looking to even out the rears to match, or go lower?

Comment

Working...
      X