Looking for cheapest, lightest and best performing wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for cheapest, lightest and best performing wheels

I'm hoping someone has an easy answer here... I'm researching "most bang for the buck" for wheels for a Festiva w/ Aspire brake/hub conversion.

I'd like to spend around $50/wheel. Preferably the wheels would be black, ugly and light. I'd be going for absolute performance here - looks are not a factor.

if anyone can point me to some info about wheels sizes and what is best for performance that would be really helpful.

thanks!
    dan

14x6" Miata wheels, hands down the best. They are plentiful, they are cheap and easy to find, they are light, they fit the Festiva body perfectly in terms of width (needs a bit of fender lip rolling though), they are strong because they're make by Enkei, and they fit perfectly hubcentric on the Aspire hubs.
    * Retired Festiva-er*
    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

as an alternative, look into the konig helium wheels. you can actually find them in good used condition for 200-300. and brand new for $400 shipped.

15-6.5 is 11.2lbs. the 14's are alot less.

Comment

Rota Slipstreams - 15x6.5" just under 12 lbs a piece and they cost around the same as the Konigs.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

thanks for the info guy! i like the idea of finding someone's old 14" miata wheels that they're getting rid of after an upgrade. Not as ugly as i'd like but they'll work.

dan

Comment

Working...
          X