master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• master cylinder

Hi guys I have just done a front and rear aspire swap( WB festiva in australia)
    Put it all together and now the brake pedal goes almost to the floor and then stops dead ,so i went to get a aspire mc but the end that goes into the booster is very different, it has a peice on the end , is that what people use?

Yes people use the aspire brake booster....did you bleed out all the air in your brake lines starting with pass rear the driver, then passenger front then drivers??
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
      Yes people use the aspire brake booster....did you bleed out all the air in your brake lines starting with pass rear the driver, then passenger front then drivers??
      Just want to clarify, how critical is this? Mine are going to the floor and i've bleed all 4 corners and get nothing but fluid every time. I'm thinking the MC is out (looks to be original) but if this is a critical step then i'll try that before i buy a new one.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Evil D View Post
        Mine are going to the floor and i've bleed all 4 corners and get nothing but fluid every time.
        It is critical to bleed the air out, pedal going to the floor is either from air in the system or not enough brake fluid in the MC.
        '90 LX

Comment

Bleeding the system i know, i just mean in that sequence. I wasn't bleeding them in any particular order.

Turns out i just went out and we where bleeding them in that sequence and sure enough we started getting pedal pressure....until one of the brake lines burst underneath it.

If it ain't one thing it's another.

Comment

Bleeding the system i know, i just mean in that sequence. I wasn't bleeding them in any particular order.

Turns out i just went out and we where bleeding them in that sequence and sure enough we started getting pedal pressure....until one of the brake lines burst underneath it.

O sorry, didn't see that:tard:, yeah that order is key to getting the air out.
            '90 LX

Comment

FWIW, the sequence is kind of important, you are doing them by order of length, longest to shortest runs. That way you don't do the short one, then do the long one, then do another short one and push air back down the longer line you just did. Guessing it would be the opposite pattern for the OP, since he's right hand drive, I'm assuming the lengths would all be opposite of ours.

Tho, a busted soft line throws a bit of a monkey wrench into the works. But now you can swap the line, bleed them in order, and you should be good to go.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Yeah itd be the same even for RHD. So the order would be Passenger rear, driver rear then passenger front and finally driver front.
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

^^ good info to soak up!! didnt know that

Comment

It was actually one of the hard lines that run underneath the driver's seat. I've heard of people "patching" the lines with those tube kits...are they reliable?

Comment

use jb weld, i patched up a gas leak very easily and efficiently...it was a hard line that was leaking, i have no experience with other epoxies but jb weld has been good for me i also used it to bond back a broken thermostat house and everything has been fine.
                      91 red l-

Comment

replace the line. No way id trust jb weld on a brake line. There are very few things I wont attempt to jerry rig, and brakes is one of them.
                        91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
                        00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
                        88 gtx
                        74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

Originally posted by niklid05 View Post
                          replace the line. No way id trust jb weld on a brake line. There are very few things I wont attempt to jerry rig, and brakes is one of them.
                          X2

Comment

Yeah definitely not JB'ing it. Can i use some kind of line coupler or something other than replacing the entire line from the MC to the rear end?

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                              Yeah itd be the same even for RHD. So the order would be Passenger rear, driver rear then passenger front and finally driver front.
                              It actually kind of surprised me when I took the measurements for Xlence, there's not as much difference in length between the pass. front and the drivers front lines as I would have thought.

You might be able to use some sort of coupler, short term. But I would only trust that for long enough to get a full line. Is yours just a single crack in one spot, or more spread out rot?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                              X