New festiva tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New festiva tires?

As some of you may know I just picked up an 88 LX and I've been doing battle with the brakes and figured I'd start checking on tires...

I assumed that tey were 13" but it turns out that the first rim I pulled off was a 13" while the other 2 were 12" !!!

Anyway, I figured that I'd just start checking craigslist to see if I could find a set of wheels and tires as it's been a bit tough to find 13" tires locally.

Anyway, I wanted to clarify- from my searches- this 88lx is a 4 x 114 mm. Is this correct? I was checking "monsoon's" list and cannot seem to figure out what is going to work for me... IS there a replacement hub that I can use to make the car 5 bolt???
    88 LX - Twin turbo, Intercooled :p
    Recently re-chistened from "Cheapstiva" to "Expenstiva"

4X114.3mm also known as 4X4.5in. Hub replacement to 5 bolt is not available unless you wish to do ALOT of custom fabbing.
    1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
    2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification. Much more selection now.

Comment

Would this possibly fit?

M+5 P205/40R17 80H

I don't know much about wheel tire sizing. I just like to stuff the fattest tire I can under the car.

Comment

Originally posted by boostmaster View Post
          Would this possibly fit?

M+5 P205/40R17 80H

I don't know much about wheel tire sizing. I just like to stuff the fattest tire I can under the car.
          Wow 17" wheels on a festiva! That would be something to see. You may need a lift kit.:p
          ~Scott

1989 Festiva L EFI

2010 Toyota Prius

Comment

Well, I figured with a 40 series tire it might just fit... There are 16" rims that fit so I was just kicking the idea around.

BTW, I was looking at "the list"

Has anyone managed to compile pictures of the rims listed in "the list"? I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking for...Or if I will like the style...

I've found a few aftermarket rims with the right size and bolt pattern but cannot find out the offset. What is the most/least offset usable on these cars.

Comment

Try Car-Part.com. Search for the car you want and select "Wheel - Display With Image". They don't have pictures of every wheel, but they have pictures.
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
              X