Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

91-94 Mercury Capri Rims on stock Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91-94 Mercury Capri Rims on stock Festiva?

I've search this forum for hours. I've even used the search feature.

I've been to the junkyard several times, and I haven't found any rims that will fit.

There's a nice pair of 91-94 Mercury Capri alloys that I haven't tried yet (because I want a set of 4). But maybe I'll get the pair. Does anyone know the diameter of the center hole of this wheel? I know the bolt pattern is 114.3 aka 4on4.5, same as the Festiva. The wheel is 5.5" wide.
    Last edited by BigElCat; 07-18-2008, 06:24 PM.
    '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

OK WTF! 3 GD posts about either wheels or studs. It tells me you did NO searching at all! MY god the answers are right above in the "Sticky" that says "Festiva/Aspire custom Info*Please Read Before You Post*"
    Take a minute and read and do your own darn research! Then if you cant find the answer post it up. But I know for a fact that its been discussed THIS WEEK regarding studs! And if you couldnt get the center hole over the Festiva hub. Guess what? They dont fit! Sheesh!:tard:
    Last edited by MONSOON; 07-18-2008, 11:08 PM. Reason: potential language issues
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

chill monsoon, maybe he did search just not efficiently .

For real man

Comment

All the posts about studs pertain to the Aspire swap. I have a STOCK FESTIVA.

Dear Moderators, I hereby nominate Monsoon for "THE BOOT". He can't follow the language rules.
        Last edited by BigElCat; 07-19-2008, 12:34 AM.
        '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Nah man not the boot. Monsoons a cool guy. Just that lately( including myself) there has been posts about previously covered topics. People need to use the search button but at the same time not be yelled at about it. a nice "yo man use the search button, <link here>. "

Just be more considerate MONSOON.

And Cat, you being a hyprocrate? as well. Ya cant start crap like usuage of illegal drugs and what not. You should lay back as well.
          Last edited by collegeboi; 07-18-2008, 10:23 PM.

Comment

OK , no more bashing !!
            I will lock the thread .

Back on topic !!
            ------------------------------------------------
            The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
            Smart Passion white with H-D interior
            HD2500 Duramax Chevy
            Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
            Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
            Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
            Z28 LS1 power 500 +
            90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
            It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Use this thread ..for wheels that will fit .
              Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Thanks for the link. It works! A lot of the other links don't work for me on this forum. People reply frequently with links instead of new info. That's confounded my searches.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

The ones you needed do work. And the post about studs and lugbolts was a mere 3 -4 spots down. Please dont try to get all self righteous with me.
                  I try to be considerate to everyone. But when the answers are obvious.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

i have those on the capri im driving right now. soon to go on the festiva including the front brakes/hub. probably gonna keep the stock drums in the back. maybe eventually goin all disk brakes form the capri. once i gain some welding skill. and obtain a welder.

let me know how they fit! and if you use any spacers and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by Seth View Post
                      i have those on the capri im driving right now. soon to go on the festiva including the front brakes/hub. probably gonna keep the stock drums in the back. maybe eventually goin all disk brakes form the capri. once i gain some welding skill. and obtain a welder.

let me know how they fit! and if you use any spacers and what not.
                      Somewhere on here and I cant find it now. Is a how to on swapping to EGT front and rear discs. They had the Aspire rear already in place andf other than making a plate for the rear caliper I believe it all bolted right up. But Ill be darned if I can find it right now. Gimme a minute though. I bet I can find it without posting a thread asking.

This isnt the one I was looking for. In this one Jimmy swaps the whole rear EGT suspension.
                      Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.

Thats why I didnt find it. It was on the old board.
                      Well, I am about to start the conversion on the snot green 92 Festiva LX, I will take plenty of pictures for all to see. Every so often, I will post u

I know you were talking about using Capri stuff. But maybe the same principals will apply.
                      Last edited by MONSOON; 07-18-2008, 11:42 PM.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                        The ones you needed do work. And the post about studs and lugbolts was a mere 3 -4 spots down. Please dont try to get all self righteous with me.
                        I try to be considerate to everyone. But when the answers are obvious.
                        That post is about chrome bolts/nuts. I skim read it. There's one reference to a conversion "kit". Rancheeto doesn't state if his Festiva is stock or Aspired. I have no interest in chrome bolts or chrome nuts.

What are you 8-Up about?

You called me a liar, saying that I didn't do any searching when I did. I respond to your offense and you call me self-righteous?

I just read all of your previous posts. You don't contribute much useful information; you just jump on people.

I do have some respect for you. You actually posted a pic of yourself. You're not some scrawny kid with a punk attitude.

What are you 8-Up about?

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Ok ok, guys, chill out; let's come back to the subject at hand...I'm pretty sure I've seen a picture of a Festiva with those Capri wheels, so they must fit..And Monsoon, I recently read that thread you're talking about; the guy used an Aspire rear beam, and made and adapter plate bolted between the axle beam the spindle, bolted the caliper to the adapter plate, and machined the drum into a "hub" and put the disc over it. The problem was it pushed the wheels outward maybe about a 1/4 inch...
                          The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Yeah I noticed that as well. And if you went with too big a tire you have some real rubbing issues.

BEC you can pick up the studs and nuts you need at any auto parts store they are a 12x1.5 metric thread.
                            Last edited by MONSOON; 07-19-2008, 12:29 AM.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

The Capri rim pictured in this post has a center bore of 59.6mm.

Thanks for the PM with the link. A member that has never posted 'publicly' sent me a PM with the answer. Thanks to him. I won't use his screen name, I guess he likes privacy.

This means the rim will work on the stock Festiva. Too bad I can only find 2.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Working...
                              X