Rims to fit slicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rims to fit slicks

Hey guys, just wondering if any one out there knows of a good set of slicks that fit festivas.

What slicks are people on here running, I'm looking in to buying some for the track but i dont wanna go 15's... my car will be too low for it..

Any help would be great! thanks
    1990 Festiva
    - 5 spd. swap
    - B6 SOHC swap
    - Custom Interior
    **********Currently Under MAJOR Reconstruction ************

check out quaddawgs posts , he was running them....hoosiers for the slicks but I do not remember the size and such
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Comment

I think he's talking about slicks for the front... Drag slicks. You need at least a 14" rim to get a set of slicks. -Kyle
        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

google the nitto nt-o1 same as ones on ebay. they are for racing! and can be shaved for slicks as well.

Comment

Ya I'm talking about drag slicks, silverbullet what do you have done to ur car to get a 14.5?

Those nittos are neat lol im gonna look in to seeing if i can get them through work with my discoiunt
            1990 Festiva
            - 5 spd. swap
            - B6 SOHC swap
            - Custom Interior

Comment

A 90+ b6 sohc swap with a 50 shot nitrous...read the sig. I'm watching the nittos too by the way! Regular there 117 a piece.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

yea they are pretty cool, especially the fact you can make them slicks as well!

Comment

In my sig the middle picture is of my slick hoosiers 23.5x7.3x13 on civic VX 13" wheels. They are so wide i had to buy spacers for the front so they would clear the spring perch. You gotta love my fender gap issue on the front too. You can't even slide a 80 page note book between the fender and the tire.

Comment

those can be shaved to be slicks but they still wont perform nearly as well as a tire designed for drags. those nittos are made for handling and grip, not lauching. a true drag slick will not handle as well or be as stable but will perform much better off the line and down the 1320

Comment

^ Exactly, I believe a 14" is the smallest diameter they come in.

Oh, and I was on my Sumitomo's 185/60's to get the 14.5... The car responds very well to the nitrous. But I'm taking it out for BP/G25very soon so my "new" clutch will be up For Sale within 2 weeks. Spec Stage 2 if you're interested. -Kyle
                      Last edited by Silv3rBull3t; 07-21-2008, 10:07 PM.

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

thanks wes, but i did read the sign i was just wondering what he had done to the engine, seeing thats pretty much what mine is going to be like, i just want to get a feel for what the caar might run.
                        1990 Festiva
                        - 5 spd. swap
                        - B6 SOHC swap
                        - Custom Interior

Comment

k how much for the stage 2 clutch. I'm running a BP with stock trans in one of my festiva's and I'm in for a spec clutch new or used. If you can sell yours by friday I'll bu it if not I'll buy new.

Comment

You've got a PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X