Stock Accord Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Accord Rims

A guy got stock steelies for a 95 accord 4x114 185/70/14. alot of meat for 100$

OK, I did search about rims and heres what I know

1. The 4x114mm will fit the Festiva

Heres where im lost.

1. Would this rub on the stock Festiva in any way?

I searched but could not find a definite answers, mostly mixed bag answers .

Straight up is tis a good deal and will it work

The thing that worrys me is the 70 because all i read here is 60 and 50z
    Last edited by collegeboi; 07-26-2008, 09:37 PM.

they will bolt right on, and yes they will scrub(i have the same size on mine),only when you hit a big bump. i solved this by putting spring boosters in the spring,however this is just temporary untill i get my 195/45/14s,then i will be lowering it with fms springs!

Comment

ooooooooooooo, thnx so just on potholes?

how much is your speedo off.

Comment

yea pot holes and stuff like that( however that is on my car,might not do it on yours,my shocks are gone so mite have something to do with it lol) speedo is broke so dont know sorry

Comment

Don't let Monsoon see this one....

The center number of a tire size is an aspect ratio for the height of the tire. The aspect ratio is a percentage of the width of the tire (first number). In your case it would mean that the tire's sidewall is 70% of 185 millimeters, or 129.5 millimeters. You also have to take into account the wheel size, in this case 14 since a larger wheel opening in the center of the tire will increase the overall diameter of the tire.

As for your initial question of rubbing, I'd say there is a good chance they may rub. A stock Festiva wheel and tire has a diameter of 52.2 Centimeters by my calculation, and the Accord wheels and tires you are wanting to put on have a diameter of 61.5 centimeters, nearly 10 centimeters or four inches difference in overall diameter. They may rub. I'd recommend a lower profile tire for those rims. Otherwise, aside from rubbing issues, you'll experience slower acceleration and an inaccurate speedometer due to the difference in wheel size changing the effective final drive ratio of the car.
          Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
          Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
          White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
          White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
          Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
          Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
          Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
          White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

no offfense but monsoon can kiss my..... ( :p jk)

thnx 4 the info, ill see if i could just get the steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by Axlander9289 View Post
              Don't let Monsoon see this one....
              Originally posted by collegeboi View Post
              no offfense but monsoon can kiss my..... ( :p jk)
              Definitely ROFLMAO!!!
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Doesn't the offset come into play??? I've read that 323 GT-GTX or Capri XR2 rims fit but are extremely close to the beam/shock in the rear, but 14" Miata wheels seem to fit nice...Unless the people using Miata wheels run spacers without me knowing about it!
                The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Working...
                X