new idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new idea.

Ok, so i was at work today and a new thought occured to me.
    the upper and lower mounting points and style of the rear strut on a festiva/aspire
    versus the mounting points of a '02 expedition front shock....with air ride....

rear shocks for a festy with an air spring.......aney thoughts..

tomarow i will dig one out of the scrap bi at work and take some measurments.
    unles someone alredy has the answer....wil it work....ok i know youd have to set up a compressor and a switch..or set it up like oldschool air shocks...with an air chuck under the bumper......
    Later,
    Ian L.

I need a tUrBo

'92 festiva gl b6 sohc,ported exaust manifold 2" downpipe, cherrybomb, aspire brakes, miata 14" steelies. commuter rod.
    '95 grand caravan kiddie wagon.

Been done. Multiple times.
    Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.

Also see Pimptiva.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

not quite....i was looking for a cheap way to stiffen the rear and then be able to reduce pressure for daily driving....especially the cheap part....not loking for air ride for pimp status, but for an easy way to reduce waight transfer for 1/4 mile...

on a front wheel drive car slicks are great, but wen all the waight goes to the rear traction would still be a problem....

but thanks aneyways.
      Later,
      Ian L.

I need a tUrBo

'92 festiva gl b6 sohc,ported exaust manifold 2" downpipe, cherrybomb, aspire brakes, miata 14" steelies. commuter rod.
      '95 grand caravan kiddie wagon.

Comment

Just get some tubing and some threaded rod stock and make a dummy shock that doesn't move. No weight transfer at all...
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
        X