ATV rims on festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV rims on festiva

from what i can imagine id suppose this could be a lot of fun if you have some land and some dirt and a trail to ride on. could almost drive it as if it WERE an ATV. and sit more comfortably. and if you wanted some more wind in your face. knock out the windsheild.

i have two festivas. and if i wanted to do this, im sure theres a plenty fo festivas out there that are badly beat up and need a suspensions anyway and have one ugly dented body. (what im saying is im sure theres a lot out there that arent exactly shwo room quality) id preferably buy a FI festiva for the project. maybe swap in a few more horeses such as 1.6 SOHC nto too much but enough to get you up some hills.

ok well. form my research i foudn that atv wheels on a festiva is something that CAN be done. i found an ATV forum where they had models and bolt patterns listed and from what i can see, if you go with the aspire swap putting atv rims and some big tires is very possible. ( i didnt see any with the stock festiva pattern, but that doesnt mean there is not.)

As far as raising you car a bit. theres a guy that was on this bored that recently sold his Festiva i think it was 2wheelsup, anywho. he said he constructed his with supplys from home depot and free wheights.

i think this would be a fun project and and a fun toy. yes i SAID TOY. you wouldnt want to ride on the road with this vehicle. and im sure most of you know that.

im putting this poject on a possibilty list since i really like the look of big muddin tires on the festiva and i love riding in the dirt.

i fi do this project it will have to wait till im done with my current one.

wjat do you guys think? anyone else interested in this type of thing?

Pattern List i found.

you can simply find it HERE

Comment

You would want to make sure that the ATV tires are rated for the weight of the festiva. This seems to be the only limitation I have seen with the idea of using ATV tires.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

From the chart I'd have to say that dang near ALL of the Arctic Cat wheels would fit a stock Festiva hub. You're only talking .027 of an inch difference if my calculations are correct. Good job finding the info.
        Last edited by lessersivad; 08-01-2008, 08:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

ATV rims do work on a festiva.I have a 89 festiva that has 8inches of lift and 25inch ATV tires.They howl pretty good. I do drive mine on the road and get tons of looks.It will be a fun toy they go anywhere offroad. I pulled a full size chevy outta the mud at my buddies graduation party.

Comment

Lol
            Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Big Collin View Post
              ATV rims do work on a festiva.I have a 89 festiva that has 8inches of lift and 25inch ATV tires.They howl pretty good. I do drive mine on the road and get tons of looks.It will be a fun toy they go anywhere offroad. I pulled a full size chevy outta the mud at my buddies graduation party.
              can you get some pics of the lift and or tell me how its done.
              87 rx7
              92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
              94 caddi deville
              99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

You shouldn't run ATV rims or tires on the highway. They're not designed for a 2000lb car or the lateral G force you'll get from curves with the tires hooked to asphalt or concrete.

ATVs weigh around 700lbs. The design engineers cut corners to save weight, including in the rims.

The rims do look like a strong design, however.
                Last edited by BigElCat; 08-02-2008, 12:40 PM.
                '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

i knew that car had it done. that is why i posted this.

but from the chart i found i didnt see any with the lug pattern of a stock festiva.

but im sure its a fun toy.

id love to buy a beat to crap fetiva and do this with.

Comment

it wont let me upload the pics.but we took the top of the shock off put a piece of 8inch tubing in put the top of the schock back on and ran some reaaly long bolts up to the shock tower.ill try to upload the pics again

Comment

it wont let me upload the pics.but we took the top of the shock off put a piece of 8inch tubing in put the top of the schock back on and ran some reaaly long bolts up to the shock tower.ill try to upload the pics again
                      try to do it on photo bucket, and then just post the link.
                      87 rx7
                      92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
                      94 caddi deville
                      99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

i take it you just used it as an 8 inch spacer? what size tubing id you use? thickness?

sounds cheap and easy. jsut for a fun car.

Comment

Big Collin.....THAT's cool. Good job. You don't happen to remember what wheels you used do you???

Comment

Most have already seen the "off-road" Festiva with the fat tires playing on the dunes.

they said it couldnt be done...they said i was a fool...when it was done...all they said was "i wanna drive it!" this was a normal 89 ford fesitva, bought t...

Comment

man, throw some ATV paddle tires on the front and some mohawks or smoothies on the rear and it'd be a dune muhcheeeeeeen
                              '89L 5spd swap complete! (rusty red)
                              '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4/4.0 auto (musty maroon)
                              '05 Buell XB9SX Lightning (hero blue)

Comment

Working...
                              X